What's the point of the micro SD card? Can't save apps to SD...

whiteeskimo

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.2 Plus and I was hoping that you could help me with storing movies and music to my 32 GB SD card?
Thank you very much

mlhifi

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.2 Plus and I was hoping that you could help me with storing movies and music to my 32 GB SD card?
Thank you very much

Not sure if that was directed to me or to the group generally. Either way, I haven't had my tablet more than about 3 weeks and I'm still getting to grips with it.
I did store some photos on the micro-sd card however... I cheated by using a micro-sd card adaptor, connecting it to the USB port on my laptop and copying the pictures to the card.
I'm guessing that's not quite what you wanted to hear, but it might suit your needs! I was able to view them on the tablet, so I suppose it served its purpose.
If not, then I'm sorry and I am willing to learn from anyone else too!
Mike

Ferenczy

May 11, 2013
Visit site
ES File Explorer works great for moving files around on your device (from anywhere to anywhere) as well as between various devices and computers, using wifi, Bluetooth and pretty much every cloud service you can think of (handy when you have a 100 gig Dropbox acct). It can very easily delete entire directories of photos and whatnot. It also has many, many other useful features too numerous to get into right now.

I use MX Player for watching videos, and it has no problems finding all my stuff on the SD card. GoneMAD Music Player has no issues finding my music files. Neither does ES Explorer (which has built-in players and readers for everything).

To answer the question, the external storage is for your media. I have nothing but apps on my internal storage (current count is a svelte 136 installed). Movies, pictures, books, music and backups are on my 32 gig card.

As a self confessed app junkie, I quickly ran into the lack of extensive internal storage as a pretty serious issue. But then again it's my own fault for not buying a $400+ tablet instead of a sub $200 one. Instead I have had learn how to more efficiently manage my addiction. Which means staying on top of my collection, and not keeping apps I don't use or need. And differentiating between apps for my phone (Galaxy Nexus) - primarily communication and social apps, plus Pocket - and apps for my Tab - games and readers. I really don't need two dozen games installed at once.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368315216222.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368315216222.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 679
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368315237489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368315237489.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 681

mikedillin

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I might be wrong but I had the same problem and could not update apps and could not download new ones.
I went searching and found this thread. I have a 64 gb ext card with 44 gb free internal about 12gb with 250mb free.
I found a way to make 3gb free on internal. I think it is too simple or only on my s3 international factory unlocked version.
goto all apps,
select my files,
select all files
select sdcard0
press and hold the app you want to move
then choose move from pop-up menu
select extsdcard
then select "move here" in uper right hand corner

I moved my Audible and "My Music" and made a lot of space with those 2 apps
also
another thing I did...
Click on My Files app
then hit menue
then settings
and look at bottom and notice the heading "select directories"
I changed all 5 options to extsdcard
and so far the phone still works... LOL
wish you all luck
Hope this helps.

Noisyninja81

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Maybe you guys can help me out.
I bought a mirco sd adapter 32 gb for my samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch tablet. The problem i'm having is that it will play movies on the tablet, and not on the sd card. The tablet also seems to have trouble running music from the micro sd card as well. Is there an easy fix to this?

skrilla412

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Just switch to Applie iPhone - no issues what so ever, fast, large memory to choose from and did i mention 10 times faster than any android device on the market.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Maybe you guys can help me out.
I bought a mirco sd adapter 32 gb for my samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch tablet. The problem i'm having is that it will play movies on the tablet, and not on the sd card. The tablet also seems to have trouble running music from the micro sd card as well. Is there an easy fix to this?

What apps are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Gary Stuart

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello and thank you for having me.

There are always uncertainties as to the appropriate use of and the capabilities of the micro sd card. I guess the main issues are that when trying and not getting the damned things to function the entire planet populus bombards with solutions which don't normally resolve anything whatsoever.

Get yourselves a free file manager from android supplier. You could even invest in several types:-
an all in one unpacker version which stores and unzips rar files as well

a video converter file manager for those little issues confronting us in our developmental lives.

and the one which I use.

It is so abnormally straight forward to use. It allows one to take the bull by the horns and will default apps if you so wish, straight onto your sd card. DON'T CONFUSE ISSUES BY NOT DIFFERENTIATING BETWEEN SD CARD AND (here goes) EXTERNAL SD CARD.

It is a nightmare waiting to happen and the wonderful android world of having to make life difficult for the user becomes a happier place to be.

Another accountable factor for data loss in the form of apps is the dismounting of sd cards properly. Grace yourselves and don't forget, if its a permanent dismount, back up all EXT SD CARD data before removing the card. Your desktop will let you know which apps will have gone walkabout attached to the removed item of hardware.

Finally, if you have a look in the Applications manager bit of your device (I normally access the apps by opening task manager) click on app info which opens the description of any particular application and it allows a moving of an app from device to sd card. It all sounds simplistic and if only? It is. Don't allow these things to freak you out.

Next time if anyone needs to know how to get the same result on externall sd card from a quality point of view as the result on device ware ask and Ill tell you what I think is or are the best methods.

Thanks

Gary

UkGalaxytab2user

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I was annoyed to find out samsung doesn't allow apps to sd especially after buying a 16gb for that reason, but in the couple months with the tablet that is of no bother to me as I use sd for photos, music and movies ive downloaded....

ironic really as at christmas I had 2 arnova 4gb(2 partions) tablets (7inch then replaced with faster 10.1)and I know for a fact the 7inch allowed me to save most apps to sd which is what I did (meant you had to reinstall them), storage was same lame excuse on the 10.1 didnt gbother with sd..

akbar khattak

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
It is so easy to move apps to extsd card on tablet 2 connect the usb with your laptop or computer than when u click on your device two potions will come sdcard and tablet cut the apps u want to put in the sdcard from tablet so simple

- - - Updated - - -

It is so easy to move apps to extsd card on tablet 2 connect the usb wire with your laptop or computer than when u click on your device two potions will come sdcard and tablet cut the apps u want to put in the sdcard from tablet so simple

Mihir Garikiparithi

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Here is the solutions: Be smart about it ;P. Don't crib about what you can or cannot do. Just ask your kids to store all their Music, videos, and media on the SD cards. That way, the entire on board storage is freed up for apps. Also, You CAN move apps to the SD card. Only cath: you require root. It works well for games because they dont have widgets.

john d1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have galaxy s II and I just have updated to 4.1.2. and I noticed that memory is still split(system and usb memory). Do you also have like this or you only have one partition?

Brandon Neo

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: What's the point of the micro SD card? Can't save apps to SD.

Although i need one that supports galaxy tab 2 7.0

- - - Updated - - -

Although i need one that supports galaxy tab 2 7.0

emilysaralauren

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I found a way to move apps etc. from internal to an external SD drive. Open the "my files" (picture of file folder) where all the apps are pictured. When open this can find all have and long press on what you want to move and drag it to the external SD card. I was having a problem with the Samsung galaxy 10.1 tablet where I couldn't add any more apps because I didn't have any space available.

Rebelesq

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
How do you get the movies onto your SD card? Everything I see shows that due to anti-piracy measures, movies can only be downloaded on the tablet's internal hard drive. I want to download some movies before a long plane ride, so any help you can offer would be great!

Mark 42

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm totally confused. I'm a novice, and "not young", so I get confused easily.
I just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (i727) to Jelly Bean.
Now my phone's memory (not cache or RAM, but on device storage) is nearly full.

So I went to Setup>Application Manager
And moved as many apps as I could to my SD card.
Now the icons on my screens are ghosts with a little SD in the corner of the icon,
and it says the app is not installed.

I am tired of re-installing apps every time I try anything in Jelly Bean. My phone ran better with ICS.
Samsung needs to get up to speed on user support and fix the way Jell Bean runs on this model.

Anyone know what I can do in the meantime?

themagicm

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Under settings -> application mgr --> applications on sd....I have a checkbox next to my apps. I check it...next screen has move to sd card. So I'm moving installed apps to it.

tab 2 7". 4.2.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae