Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

ROM
    stock OTA OS

Default Re: What's the point of the micro SD card? Can't save apps to SD.

Quote Originally Posted by indomelsa View Post
    I try to use APP2SD but still not working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2's bro...
    Yeah, I know. APPTOSD hasn't worked since Honeycomb.
    I'm glad you verified it and then posted it.

My previous point was that "If a person hasn't actually tried and verified it, they shouldn't post it as if it's a known fact."

Especially if that poster doesn't even know what their device is called. Haha.

However, I too wish a developer could/would make an app like APPTOSD for the higher OSs.

On another note for others, there are a few different models of the Tab 2 7.0.
    The model number is important for such things as, Is there is a JB update scheduled or not.
    Their processers are different.
    BUT, to everyone, it's OK to hope. I do.
    But, I haven't seen any actual Samsung update news about the P3113 yet.

PS for no particular reason: I'm old-school, so I don't use LOL either, Hahaha.

Luck to all.

Default Re: What's the point of the micro SD card? Can't save apps to SD...

I was pissed when I learned I couldn't move apps to the extSD. I bought the 16GB because I figured I could buy and SD card cheaper than the difference between the 16GB and 32GB versions. Alas, as everyone has mentioned, you can't move apps to the SD. What's worse is that I would be fine if I could just move music and movies that I buy through the Google Store to the extSD, but you can't do that either. Basically, the extSD is only for stuff you want to move from a PC to the Tablet.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Your media.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I don't give a flying fig what its designed for and we don't need lectures on the subject either...the fact is, my Samsung 7.7 tab has a SD card and I transfered a bunch of photos to it but the Tab can't read them...anywhere you search on the web about this problem, there are no answers...so wots the bloody point of an SD card in this Tab???????

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dream5695 View Post
    I don't give a flying fig what its designed for and we don't need lectures on the subject either...the fact is, my Samsung 7.7 tab has a SD card and I transfered a bunch of photos to it but the Tab can't read them...anywhere you search on the web about this problem, there are no answers...so wots the bloody point of an SD card in this Tab???????
    I haven't heard anything about issues with reading data from the SD Card... The complaints are that programs like apps2sd don't utilize the ext sdcard...

I can store and retrieve files from the SD card... I haven't tried photos, but I have used it for music. The bottom line is that it is just a file system mounted at a different mount point than it used to be...

What software are you trying to use to view the pictures?

Do the galaxy tab 2 accept 64gb and if so what type card do I need. I've just boughta galaxy tab 2 GT P5113 , should I go a head and purchase the card, will it work for me ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I really didn't get to have a feel of final decision on whether APP2SD could or could not transfer apps.It seems not. I installed it on the Samsung 7" 2.0 and it shows the APPs than can be transferred to the card, but after that, I have no idea how to do it, if it can. I will try to complete this lengthy post to find out what I can expect.

I would like to save several things on a trial 16 GB card I bought to test the waters with this tablet. What I would like to use it for would be:

1)MP3 files easily that could be easily erasable and replaced on the SD card but it seems the tablet cannot identify mp3s in the card, nor read from it. I was able to transfer mp3's with SyncMate to the tablet only.

2) PDF and probably TXT files that I could send through e-mail and read.
    3) Photos: I will try saving some from my Mac and next, try to access them from the card

So, I will continue reading the post now.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Darwin View Post
    I haven't heard anything about issues with reading data from the SD Card... The complaints are that programs like apps2sd don't utilize the ext sdcard...

I can store and retrieve files from the SD card... I haven't tried photos, but I have used it for music. The bottom line is that it is just a file system mounted at a different mount point than it used to be...

What software are you trying to use to view the pictures?
    How do you access the mp3's from the SD card?

BTW: How do you delete music already in the tablet?
    Android is so hard!
    Last edited by Boni Cali; 12-30-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    Ry likes this.

I too have installed a 32 GB SD card in my GT-S7500 phone. The instructions to the phone explain how to do this. But there appears to be no way to store music on the card and then play the music. I don't want to have to go looking for apps to make this work. I want to store music on the SD card on my phone and then listen to it. I have moved the Music folder to the card, and the files are there, but the phone does not recognize them and cannot play them. This is supposed to be a consumer product, not a puzzle-box for geeks. How can I make the SD card work for storing and playing music?
    Thanked by:

Proprietary BS plain and simple. I just take my mp3s off the PC that I buy from Google, download and transfer to my eternal sd card. Some market apps actually recognized that I have an external sd card and actual asked if I wanted the app's extra 1.7 GB of data to download on phone memory, sdcard, or external memory. As someone else said, the app developers should make these options to install on external sd memory as well.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Richardson1 View Post
    I too have installed a 32 GB SD card in my GT-S7500 phone. The instructions to the phone explain how to do this. But there appears to be no way to store music on the card and then play the music. I don't want to have to go looking for apps to make this work. I want to store music on the SD card on my phone and then listen to it. I have moved the Music folder to the card, and the files are there, but the phone does not recognize them and cannot play them. This is supposed to be a consumer product, not a puzzle-box for geeks. How can I make the SD card work for storing and playing music?
    Which music player are you using?

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

The 8 Gig Tab-2 gives you about 4Gig for apps! How many apps can you put in 4 Gig, maybe 150-200? You can't need that many apps! You can't use that many apps. If you have used all the memory with apps I will bet good money you have apps on your tablet that you have no idea what they are. I have 87 downloaded apps on my Tab-2 and plenty room left for more apps. I think people see this as an imaginary problem that is not a real problem.

I also have at least a hundred songs, a couple hundred photos and several full length videos including a couple football games. They are on my SD card and I have room for more! If I want to take some more movies with me when I make a long trip I just load them on another SD card!

BTW I still have 1.92 Gig on my 8 Gig Tab-2 and 2.25 Gig on a 16 Gig SD card. There is no memory shortage here!
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extraclass View Post
    The 8 Gig Tab-2 gives you about 4Gig for apps! How many apps can you put in 4 Gig, maybe 150-200? You can't need that many apps! You can't use that many apps. If you have used all the memory with apps I will bet good money you have apps on your tablet that you have no idea what they are. I have 87 downloaded apps on my Tab-2 and plenty room left for more apps. I think people see this as an imaginary problem that is not a real problem.

I also have at least a hundred songs, a couple hundred photos and several full length videos including a couple football games. They are on my SD card and I have room for more! If I want to take some more movies with me when I make a long trip I just load them on another SD card!

BTW I still have 1.92 Gig on my 8 Gig Tab-2 and 2.25 Gig on a 16 Gig SD card. There is no memory shortage here!
    Some apps, especially high-end games, can take up a lot of space.

Angry Re: What's the point of the micro SD card? Can't save apps to SD...

Quote Originally Posted by extraclass View Post
    The 8 Gig Tab-2 gives you about 4Gig for apps! How many apps can you put in 4 Gig, maybe 150-200? You can't need that many apps! You can't use that many apps. If you have used all the memory with apps I will bet good money you have apps on your tablet that you have no idea what they are. I have 87 downloaded apps on my Tab-2 and plenty room left for more apps. I think people see this as an imaginary problem that is not a real problem

?..when you buy a tablet for your child and one game takes up 2.6gb of your teeny 4.59gb that tends to be a problem.. dont know what useless 87 apps you have but I certainly couldnt fit 150 apps on here!
    Its certainly not my imagination!... maybe I should just download all your apps instead of letting my son play batman???

BTW if you have nothing useful to add then maybe its wiser to stay off here and go find another 150 aps to download!

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Let's keep the discussion civil.

Sent from my SGSIII

LEEKELS
    I have read this forum and posted on it many times since I purchased my Galaxy Tab and now have the Tab2. Like most users this is a hobby for me and I have enjoyed playing with different devices singe I got a Palm Pilot. When I post it is usually to answer someone's question or to share my knowledge with someone else. I haven't tried to create friction with anyone because I enjoy this discussion group. I have learned much from reading others posts. I do have 87 apps on my Tab 2 plus all of the factory installed apps.
    There is always a lag between new hardware and new software that uses all of the benefits of the new hardware. I am sure some of the new software will allow us to install large data bases to the SD card and not use unnecessary app memory.
    Games have always required the fastest computer with the fastest video card, lots of memory and lots of disk space. Gamers know this an purchase hardware to meet their need! I haven't installed any app or game on my Tab 2 that requires 2.6 Gig of memory and am not a real gamer. This is something out of my area of knowledge.
    I noticed that your reply to my post was your first post on this forum. Please read all of the posts on this forum and see the way other posters conduct themselves. I do enjoy learning from others posts and discussions and hope you will too.
    alanierrn likes this.

Yes lighten up. I found the info useful as I was trying to link my apps to SD and it didn't go. The post stating 4.something GB (4.59 in my case) served as a confirmation that I was in the ballpark. BTW, "Easy Voice Recorder" was installed by my 5 YO son and was eating up 3 GB, so now it's gone.

How were you able to get movies and shows onto your micro sd card? When I download movies via VUDU or Flixter it saves straight to the internal memery.

I copy movies, music and photos to sub-directories on my SD Card with Windows Explorer. I stay away from the programs that try to Sync stuff like Google Music. I have a lot more on my computer than I ever want on my phone and with Explorer I can copy what I want to the SD Card.
    I do use Google to sync my Calendar and Contacts with My phone, tablet, computer at home and computer at work.

As a precaution I back up my SD Card from my phone, tablet and camera to a sub on my computer just in case!

I have a couple astronomy programs that have large databases. One of these programs let me install the database on the SD Card. I think more large programs will be written to do this in the future.

I think I am safe to say that tie Tab 2 is not the biggest, fastest, highest resolution tablet available. If someone wants a tablet to play some of the big games one of the high end tablets may be better choice! My GT-2 lets me check the weather, check my email and catch up on the news when I am away from home. I have pictures and videos of the kids and grand kids and some of my work photos if I need them and a couple games like Suduko to keep me thinking. My GT-2 suites me and I am very happy with what it does!

Extraclass, why do you stay away from Googlemusic? and what do you use to download music?

Simple Answer. I have some things on my computer I do not want on my phone or on my Tablet! Google music started putting things on both that I did not want there. My grand kids play with my Tablet!

Firefox syncs my history file and bookmark file with my phone and tablet. Another couple things I do not want to share. I visit some political sites I do not want to share the content with a10 Year old! It would be so nice if they just let you turn these features OFF. Call me Old School but I do like my privacy.

A reply to a friend on the internet showed up on my Facebook Page. I no longer have a Facebook Account!

Search for your name on the internet, you may be surprised! A modification for a radio I posted on the internet about 20 years ago still pops up. There are 67 people on Google with the same name as mine! At least 3 of them are in prison!

Extraclass..another ? About google music... ( I don't use it either)...but isn't it true if u did u can only put on the internal sd? I have the 2 7.0..I have a ton of my own music I have put on the external card..I put on about 1400 songs...I have them backed up right now on another micro sd card. I'm trying to put more on one of my laptops I'm using as a server for all of us to share the music. Photography is one of my hobbies so this size tab was perfect to take along..have you tried PicsArt photo app?...ucan doquite a bit with it along with the stock photo editor. I've really been happy with this tablet...I use it more than my laptop...always enjoy reading anyone's tips nt

Just me again..i have a nook..is there anyway I can transfer the books on that to the ext sd card? From everything I've read it looks like you can't. ?...but the nooks come with an ext sd slot...so it would seem to me that if you dowload the nook app you should be able to have the books on the ext sd card like you would on the nook....am I on the right track? Thanks for any help...nt

I am not sure about the Nook! I have had no experience with it. If it has an sd card slot I would think there is some way to transfer books to the sd card and then to another tablet! There should be an app for that purpose or someone has probably come up with a way to do it! I feel sure there is a Nook Tablet Forum here on Android Central that will have answers to many questions you may have. an you plug it into your computer with a usb cable? That ability should give you a lot more options.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I can't use my music or movies if transferred to my SD card on my GT wifi. (P3113). I had to move everything back to the tablet in order to use them.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast