What's the point of the micro SD card? Can't save apps to SD...

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
There is no support for apps to SD, so what is the point in having an SD card for this? They may as well have made 40 GB of internal memory...

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: What's the point of the micro SD card? Can't save apps to SD.

i think we need a solution to this...with 1 GB RAM and so many apps to install, Samsung needs to bring back the apps-to-sd feature with an update

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

first of all the device was not made for a "store everything you will ever want to the tab".. it is a 7" device that was designed to compete with the ereader market..it was never designed to compete with the 10" devices with lots of storage... ie.. 64 gig on ipad or 16 or 32 on regular tab... When selected your pictures are stored on the sd card... you can load movies to the card and watch them from there... you can also purchase the USB adaptor and use flash drives for a lot more stuff...the tab 7 is doing exactly what it was designed to do.. if you need more storage maybe a 7Plus would be a better buy... fortunately Samsung has many tabs to choose from and soon will have two more the Tab Note...

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
first of all the device was not made for a "store everything you will ever want to the tab".. it is a 7" device that was designed to compete with the ereader market..it was never designed to compete with the 10" devices with lots of storage... ie.. 64 gig on ipad or 16 or 32 on regular tab... When selected your pictures are stored on the sd card... you can load movies to the card and watch them from there... you can also purchase the USB adaptor and use flash drives for a lot more stuff...the tab 7 is doing exactly what it was designed to do.. if you need more storage maybe a 7Plus would be a better buy... fortunately Samsung has many tabs to choose from and soon will have two more the Tab Note...
It has 40GB of storage with the micro SD card... I'd call that a lot... My GNex has "only" 32...

MR.SGE4G

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Checc xda bro they have a working script using smanager just put a widget on ur homescreen doesn't survive reboot but I have 8gb tab2 here's proof
6c2150f3-4bf4-f302.jpg

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

MR.SGE4G

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Basically u make use of ur external sd but I'm no pro bro try the link I'm banned from xda I was just spreading the word have u ever used smanager or v6 supercharger?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

dmtchico

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Well, the option of additional useful storage is available thanks to Samsung.

When particular developers get the clue, they can make the extsdcard an option to store data files.

Two Examples: Mortmusic player and Oruxmaps.
Two very fine Apps. IMO

dmtchico

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, shannonkish, this particular forum thread is for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2's

Plus, Android 3+ and above devices don't support APP2SD.

But, it's not a problem, cause the newer OS can use most of the entire 8 or 16gb of ram for Apps, and then the additional microSDcard slot can be used for Music, Photos, Videos and anyother data files.

No Offense.

shannonkish

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

Sorry, shannonkish, this particular forum thread is for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2's

Plus, Android 3+ and above devices don't support APP2SD.

But, it's not a problem, cause the newer OS can use most of the entire 8 or 16gb of ram for Apps, and then the additional microSDcard slot can be used for Music, Photos, Videos and anyother data files.

No Offense.

I am aware of what the forum is for. I am using Apps2sd, the app, on my galaxy tab 2 7.0 as well as my Galaxy S2 devices as we speak. I also have it on my Nook Color which is rooted.

rsage

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

I am aware of what the forum is for. I am using Apps2sd, the app, on my galaxy tab 2 7.0 as well as my Galaxy S2 devices as we speak. I also have it on my Nook Color which is rooted.

Shannon, I use this app on my rooted Nook Color as well as my HTC phone. I thought the gt2 had zero support for apps on the external sd card, even if an app like this was used. You're saying you can move apps to the sd card with this utility, and the gt2 will recognize & run those apps? This is news to me, but good news if it's true.

I know there's a script on XDA that basically swaps the internal and external memory, but I thought apps like this didn't work on the gt2.

rsage

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Shannon, if you got this app to work, please let us know how. I'm running it right now on my gt2, with microSD installed. When I go to "on sd card" or try to move an app from internal memory, it says "the device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated."

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I put my sd card in my portable scanner. Scan my stuff then pop the sd card in my tab so I can email the docs I scanned.

That's one thing sd cards are good for. I'm a mobile notary.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

erniel

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

Shannon, if you got this app to work, please let us know how. I'm running it right now on my gt2, with microSD installed. When I go to "on sd card" or try to move an app from internal memory, it says "the device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated."

Yup i get this also

tattoodlady

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I get the exact same msg when I used apps2sd and I can't even get my rhapsody downloads to store on SD like they're supposed to! When I download them to play while offline it takes away from my internal memory BUT when I go to KY files icon it shows they're on SD card but no memory is removed from SD in settings. And when I delete them from my files the internal memory comes back!!! Help I don't get any of this don't no if this will let me post my email but gonna try n if anyone can help please let me no cuz Samsung was NO HELP AT ALL!! tattoodlady71@gmail.com
So any "galaxy geeks" LOL SOS!! cuz my android phone has no probs with SD and rhapsody and appts in general.
Vicki

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
my 64GB MicroSDXC card is already completely full. (well, remaining space is 72mb which is useless)

can't wait until Sandisk releases the 128GB MicroSDXC card in a few months. :)