A couple of questions from a new Tab 2er...

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I just bought this yesterday, new and sealed, from a person on Craig's List who got it as a gift for $200. I have 2 Asus Transformers (with docks) and a brand span' new Samsung Galaxy S3, ad I thought this would be a good intermediate step between those devices. Also, my S3 is a mobile hotspot (though I have wifi available at home and my office), so it would be very good for, say, browsing while riding the city bus. Not to mention, I really wanted that universal remote.

However, I am concerned about two things, immediately. Can I not arrange icons into folders? It doesn't seem to work like the usual Android devices. Also, can I not get tablet specific apps, like my Bank of America app, which seems to be only available in the phone app version, as does the Huffington Post app.

ETA: Update: I just figured out how to make folders. Whew. They appear on the top of the screen when you are holding down the icon (as I did when I was trying to put one on top of the other to make a folder).

Last edited:

mrweatherbee

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Tab 2 for a while. I continue to be frustrated at incompatibility with some tablet optimized apps. Seems like banking apps are a common culprit here, Citi and American Express tablet apps are also not compatible with the Tab 2. :(

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
As far as tablet specific apps go, if they are available in the Play Store they will be listed as such. If there aren't any for your banks simply use the phone version ones. My US Bank phone app works fine on both my Tabs including use to electronically deposit checks.