Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By spagman
  • 1 Post By dmtchico
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm-10-20121014-NIGHTLY-t

Default What Launcher replacement would you recomend for a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

I just purchased a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and I am not too happy with the louncher or the UI. I am so used to vanilla UI after having mostly Nexus.
    so what Launcher replacement would you recomend for a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 or which one are you using?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: What Launcher replacement would you recomend for a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Nova all the way!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm-10-20121014-NIGHTLY-t

checking it out right now

ROM
    stock OTA OS

I agree, Nova Launcher. After you try it for a while and decide you like it, I like the Prime version for the gestures to launch apps.
    Don't rush it, just try it for a while and try it's features.

I use it on my GT-P3113, 4.0.4, Imm76D.P3113UEBLH2

I like the drag and drop to create home screen folders
    custom grid sizes
    hide-able/scrollable dock
    re-sizable widgets
    and Swipe gestures to launch apps. (prime)

Good Luck.
    Thanked by:
    spagman likes this.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

I just bought my galaxy tab 2 7.0 (which I love for reading) and I am using nova launcher and works great.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Apex

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

apex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree. Apex is far better than Nova.

Sent from my AOKP powered Samsung Galaxy S3
    HTC One
    Google Nexus 7

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Nova or Apex for me it really doesn't make a difference of the two. I don't spend a lot of time customizing my tablets. As long as I have the apps I use the most, that's really what matters the most to me. I did change the wallpaper though last week.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

i agree, apex is better than nova.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm-10-20121014-NIGHTLY-t

Default Re: What Launcher replacement would you recommend for a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Tried both and ended up selling the tablet and getting a Nexus 7 . I however paid for the nova launcher and its been used on my girls tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by salpiche View Post
    Tried both and ended up selling the tablet and getting a Nexus 7 . I however paid for the nova launcher and its been used on my girls tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Apex launcher

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.2 using Tapatalk 2

I've tried Go Launcher EX, ADW.Launcher, Apex Launcher, and LauncherPro. I like LauncherPro the best so far.

I've tried them all and always come back to Go Launcher Ex or Go Launcher HD. I like the HD version best except for no scrolling dock.

I like nova paid edition. The folders are very functional, easy to clean up a lot of apps.
    It nice to have the ability to easily switch between launchers too.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

Nova prime is my tab and nexus launcher. love it.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stockness

Nova Prime on the rooted/Milestone1'ed Tab.

Nova Prime on my Tab 2 7 and GS3. Go Launcher HD on my Tab 10.1 and so to be Note 10.1

tsf shell and the next launcher from go.

When I got to know android on my ace phone, I soon installed Go LauncherEX.. and it's now the same launcher and theme on my tablet (Tab 2) and my work phone (Note 2). Pay a close attention to Nova launcher. It looks like windows 8...

If you want something fast and simple try nova launcher, been using it or months i find the gestures useful and overall its easy to personalize

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk