Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By badkitties
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung announced official Jelly Bean OTA update "coming soon" for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Great news!

Source:
    Samsung details Jelly Bean upgrade roadmap (and it’s not all good) - SlashGear

Samsung isn’t saying exactly when the rest of its devices will get Jelly Bean,
    only that the update is “coming soon,” and nor has it confirmed the rollout
    timescale for the Galaxy S3. In addition to that flagship phone,
    the following devices are in line for the new software:

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Galaxy S II
    Galaxy Note
    Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Galaxy S Advance
    Galaxy S II LTE
    Galaxy Music
    Galaxy Chat
    Galaxy Ace 2
    Galaxy Beam
    Galaxy Ace Plus
    Galaxy Mini II
    Galaxy S DUOS
    Progrmmr likes this.

ROM
    stock OTA OS

Default Re: Samsung announced official Jelly Bean OTA update "coming soon" for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

I hope this includes the GT-P3113 model and is not just referring to the 'new ' GT2 7.0 model that Verizon is offering.
    The Verizon model has a different processor which may mean that more work by Samsung is needed in order to port JB for the older models.

It's confusing that several models of the GT2 is out there.
    Some supposed 'reporter type' should ask that Samsung clarify the list of 'GT models ' that will receive the JB update.

The latest promotion of the 'student edition' of the P3113 gives me hope, but not quite full confidence yet.

Luck to all.

Default Re: Samsung announced official Jelly Bean OTA update "coming soon" for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

I have a Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.0 so i look forward to get the jelly bean

This makes me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dmtchico View Post
    I hope this includes the GT-P3113 model and is not just referring to the 'new ' GT2 7.0 model that Verizon is offering.
    The Verizon model has a different processor which may mean that more work by Samsung is needed in order to port JB for the older models.

It's confusing that several models of the GT2 is out there.
    Some supposed 'reporter type' should ask that Samsung clarify the list of 'GT models ' that will receive the JB update.

The latest promotion of the 'student edition' of the P3113 gives me hope, but not quite full confidence yet.

Luck to all.
    If anything, I would expect the P3113 to get JB before the carrier versions. For one, its been out longer and they've had more time to work on it. And then there's the fact that because its Wi-fi only, they don't need to run the build past the carriers' testing. They are more in control of the upgrade timeline on the P3113.