Stylus anyone?

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I am in the market to purchase a stylus for my Tab 2, but am not sure which one to go with. I had thought about just going with the Samsung branded one they pitch on their site, but wanted to see if anyone has one they love using. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I am looking to use the stylus for note taking in meetings primarily. I am okay with spending a bit more if it makes that much of a difference. Thanks.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Get something cheap on Ebay and see if you really use it! I have a cheapo that works great but I don't really find that I use it that often. Androud is designed for your finger tip and that seems to be the best way to go.

Some specific software might work well with a Stylus, like a drawing program or some games. I purchased an OTG adapter and connect my mouse or keyboard sometime for a specific application. The keyboard is great if you are answering a bunch of emails away from your computer.

Just my opinion!

Extraclass

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I am also curious about what works well with the Tab 2.

I have a Rocket Fish stylus that I bought at Best Buy and used on my Kindle Fire. Even though it worked on the Tab 2, there seemed to be a little delay or lag in sensing it.

Based on what a screen looks like after I have used it for a day or two, I seem to have very oily skin, and using the stylus on the Fire kept me from having to clean the screen every day or two like I have to if I use my finger.

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I just ended up getting the Samsung branded stylus. I bought it on Ebay for cheaper than buying it at the store. So far it has worked pretty well. It is not perfect by any means. There are some times when I do have to press down harder on the screen. Overall I am pretty happy with it.

Inner Prop

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a name brand one too (though I forget the name now). It was more expensive than I wanted to pay for a stick, but I use it ALL the time. I do have to press harder sometimes, but it does seem more accurate than my fingers and certainly less oily.

I'm still looking for a smaller tip, because there are times when I want to be a bit more precise.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got curious about what the screen is looking for in a stylus. It has to be something metallic or conductive at least the size of a nail head, maybe 1/4". I wouldn't recommend dragging a nail around on the screen but I did find that the conductive foam that computer chips come stored in will do the job! It is conductive so it shorts out all of the chip pins so static electricity can't damage the chip! A little piece of this foam on a metallic stick will work. It must be a conductor to your hand. I guess the screen is looking for a capacitive connection to sense your touch. This is also why you can't operate your phone or tablet with gloves on!

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...what are you doing with the T2 that could use a stylus? I haven't found the need for a stylus. Maybe you're having more fun with yours than I am. LOL.

Inner Prop

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are lots of diy styli and that is what they say, you need something conductive and at least 1/4" (would that be 10mm?). It has to be able to contact your skin too. Conductive rubber and foam are recommended, but a wet cotton swab with a wire in it works too. From that you run a wire up around a non-conductive stick, or just use a piece of metal as your stick.

The thing that gets me is the 1/4". I'd love to be able to get something smaller and more precise, but I don't know if it would work.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I love my stylus it has a flashlight and laser pointer on the other side. It just makes clicking on links and icons etc more accurate

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci