Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Won't charge when powered on

I am having the same trouble with a Tab 2 that we just purchased yesterday. Has not charged properly since purchase. The volume control method mentioned earlier does reboot but does not change the problem. The screen still says to connect the charger. I am using the charger right out of the box.

After 3 weeks, I was just recharging my tablet as usual but then there was this random red 'x' on the battery sign. I panicked and started to look through the settings and it just said that it was discharging. I called the service place like three times but they said that they can't help. So now I have to charge it whenever it's off. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys

I had bought my son with this one three tablets. The little focker always loosing them.
    I started having the same problem 2 weeks after I bought. That the red X would popup and only if
    The tab2 was off it would charge but rarely. So I thought it was a malfunction from the tablet the whole time.
    So I decided to use one of the old charging cables leftover. Guess what when I plugged it in that tablet
    worked like before when it came out the box.

So guys get a new cable because the factory one seems to be defective and not your tablet.
    Goodluck.

Unhappy Re: Won't charge when pluged in

listen I just got a Samsung ace 11 but when I tried to charge it is didn't work please tell me what I should do

Thanks to Michael Contes, you're right, just got the little x cross on my tab' batt indicator, charge indicator seem normal when i was switched off my device. Thank you for sharing, replace the cable and solved. Cheers mate!

You need to unplug the USB cable from the charger. Then very slowly plug it back in, and stop as soon as you hear the sound on the tab. You do not want it to be plugged all the way in. I found it on You Tube and it works.

I am having the same problem. i have 2 of these one for me and one for my wife, we both did the upgrade mine has a red X in the battery while charging and hers does not. i have tried her charger and cable on mine with no avail
    Help us

I tried Jared Bray's suggestion & it worked. Unplug the usb cable from & slowly plug again in your charger.

I have had this problem also ever since I bought it, doesnt seem right? how to correct this anyone know?

The slow plugging in the usb works to charge but only when the tablet is shut off will it actually charge for me. Still doesnt solve the problem of not charging when turned on.

I will try the slow plug in but that seems kludgy. I can't believe this thread has been around for over a year and no one has found a fix. I have to power the thing off to charge it.
    Moto X - Designed by me!

thank you so much jared! it worked...

Quote Originally Posted by namichael View Post
    For one reason or another my tab won't charge if the device is powered on. If I plug it in when it is turned on a little red X appears over the battery icon in the system tray when I check the battery status is continues to say discharging. But when I turn it off it will charge albeit very slowly. Any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    I'm haveing the same issue with mine. Its the cord. Inside of the plastic casing there are

Red face Re: Won't charge when powered on

same here, samsung galaxy tab 2. When it's off, when the battery sign comes up, does one does it charge one bar, then the screen shuts off in the middle of it? I lost my charger adapter, and used a different kind and thats when my problem started.

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 2: Won't charge when powered on

As stated above, try pushing the usb end slowly into the charger until you hear the sound on the tablet. If the x comes up pull it back out slowly until you get the lightning bolt. WORKED FOR ME! Yay thanks!

Well it worked for a little bit. Now back to the x. Im guessing its the cable.

So purchased a new cable and plug and it works fine again for sure! Was worried I would have to replace my tablet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12