Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App for Tab 2

Aftering searching a bunch I only seemed to find my question asked around early 2012 (or asked latest) I may have overlooked somethings so I figure I should ask myself to make sure. I use Tab 2 for business.. or rather would like to. The only problem is that I need to be able to run a excel macro. I tried to open the file with OfficeSuite pro but it stops loading the excel file a little more than halfway through. I'm not sure if you would have to recreate the file to work on android? (Wouldn't know where to start but could certainly attempt if pointed in the right direction.) or if the file is just too large/complex to work on any stock office apps that are out right now. I'm sure this question is asked somewhat frequently but I'm just hoping for any breakthroughs or updates that aren't clearly posted anywhere. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

ROM
    ICS 4.03

Default Re: App for Tab 2

It appears that the app of choice for office work is the Kingsoft Office for Android Tablet App (kingsoft_office_android.apk) available for free, also with a version for the desktop. The suite claims to handle MS Office files flawlessly. Test to see if it can run your complex Excel file. Best wishes.
    Samsung GALAXY Tab2 7.0 - GT-P3113, OS Android 4.1.1 JB UECKL7 8GB, SDHC 32GB