Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Timzwombat

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the one from Verizon and I have not heard when this tablet will be or if it will ever get the Jelly bean update. Does anybody have any idea if or when this will happen?

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The short answer is, I think it is coming, but I don't know when.

Certain versions of the Tab 2 in certain regions of the world are getting Jelly Bean now... Samsung seems to do what every other android company does as far as announcing releases... One of the following:

1) Not announced, sometimes will be released without announcement.
2) Announced, with a release date of "Coming Soon" or similar.
3) Announced with a release date of "Released" for something that has already shipped.

Even though some reliable sites report being told by Samsung that JB was coming for the Tab 2, there is no indication of tablet releases on the Samsung site. Therefore, I am thinking we will fall under #1, possibly followed by #3.

However, there are people trying to determine how to downgrade from JB... Apparently, they don't like the one size fits all aspect of JB (same layout on a 7" tab as on a phone).

Deflord

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Personally I love my JellyBean on my Samsung Galaxy S3, and now I have a Samsung Tab 2 7.0 from Verizon being delivered to me on Friday, and I had hopes that Jellybean would be pushed out to these tablets. I just love how Jellybean looks/operates.

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I have just got the OS upgraded to Jelly Bean on my Samsung Tab 2 and it is not as great as I would have hoped for.

A few minor irritants spoil the overall experience.

The major issue is how much the native 'email' application lags. It takes forever to load and sometimes it hangs the phone.

Earlier there was a widget that would pin a single email account on the home screen. I use multiple accounts and this was very helpful. Now this is gone.

The notifications now drop from the top instead of being in the bottom right corner. This is extremely frustrating as it makes using the tab more cumbersome.

Also a few minor irritants include the fact that now I cannot have the 'screenshot' option on the home screen. I take loads of screenshots and it is a pain now. Don't know if there is another way to do it.

When you want to go to the phone; earlier there were separate options on the screen for 'keypad', 'contacts', 'favorites', etc. Now this is on the top left corner in a drop down. Again; more cumbersome to reach and need two 'touches' instead of one.

Despite de-selecting screen rotation; the screen still rotates. This seems to be a bug.

I am extremely frustrated and I don't know if there is an official feedback that I can send to the guys developing the version for this device. I would highly recommend users who email a lot to stay away from this upgrade as it has messed up the email application.

frazefast

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I didnt like the JB update so reverted back to ICS stock but keep getting annoying messages asking me to update back to JB. Any way I can stop this'?

Timzwombat

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok so you have the ability to get JB on you Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 and you down graded to the ICS? Do you have the Wifi version. I ask because I have mine from Verizon and I am waiting to get it to try out myself!

Timzwombat

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I have the Verizon one and it is good to know that there is an update out for it and now I just have to wait for Verizon to stop dragging their feet and get it out!

- - - Updated - - -

Well I have the Verizon one and it is good to know that there is an update out for it and now I just have to wait for Verizon to stop dragging their feet and get it out!

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
If you have the P3113 model then here is the link to the revert instructions. Only for the 3113 model.
[HOWTO][P3113] Revert to Stock Android 4.0.4 ICS build UEBLH2 - xda-developers
It does work I have done it. If you revert back you will need to trun off the update feature by doing this;

Settings / Application Manager / All / Software Update
After clearing the data on the second entry, it disappeared, leaving only one left, which pretty obviously was the Software Update app.
So.... Heck, just go into it and hit the "Disable" button.
Job done

sreejithmalliyoor

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
i have a samsung tab 2 7 ,, ice cream sandwitch. my sister bought itfor me from canada, but i cannot turn it on. it fully charged. is there any possibility for hardware damge.? could you pls help me