Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 08silveradoonrims
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What kind of case do you have?

Since my Kindle Fire met with early demise from a drop while INSIDE of a case, I'm paying particular attention to how I protect this Tab.
    Freak accident, the KF was in this case, in my work bag. Bag was on a shelf, shelf accidentally pulled from wall. KF go boom inside case, inside work bag. Apparantly it hit RIGHT on a naked r lower corner edge and that's all she wrote. I hated that. I was planning on giving that to my wife. I bought her a Paperwhite though and she likes it.

The KF case was nice but had no edge protection, which, when dropped it hits on the edges not so much on the front or back which was well covered in leather.
    So now, actually, I've opted for a different method of protection alltogether..I use THIS case now:

That's just for transporting. I like it a lot. I did put some small bubble wrap in the bottom, because just like with the KF case, it's not so protected on the edges. But, front, back are very protected. I like the pocket on the case. Wish it had a strap or something to hold onto, but I still like the case a lot.
    I bought this stand and am REALLY pleased with it. Folds up nicely and goes inside the Roo case.

Now, I really just want a nice white (tab is white) sleeve, tpu gel like, with a good grip on it for general handling. Something simple.
    The Tab2 even with a textured back, is a little slick to hold onto.
    And, with it's convenient size at 7", you have it with you more than a larger iPad size thing.
    So, what kind of case do YOU have?
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless

Default Re: What kind of case do you have?

The Kindle Fire compatible premium case by JLab is our top of the line case designed to protect your new Kindle Fire, Kindle Reader or other 7 inch tablet.

Designed with ultra-stylish polyurethane on the outside with a high-quality zippered pocket to keep your tablet safe and secure. The inside is lined with plush velvet to protect from scratches and the front features an additional zippered pocket to organize accessories like JBuds, SD cards, USB cables, or other personal items.

Designed specifically for the Kindle Fire, this case will also protect most other 7 inch tablets as well as newer Kindle Readers.

More details can be found here.

I have the Crazy On Digital case and it works well for my GT2 7".

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What kind of case do you have?-uploadfromtaptalk1356938831487.jpg   What kind of case do you have?-uploadfromtaptalk1356938842036.jpg  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by chimom79 View Post
    I have the Crazy On Digital case and it works well for my GT2 7".

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD
    See, I like that one too. BUT..like the one I had, if it falls on those edges, it's a goner. Those edges are completely vulnerable. I don't understand why most case manufacturers do that?
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless

ROM
    ICS 4.03

My case is the "official" Samsung leather pouch case, minimalist, & flat. Since the two pieces of leather are sewn together all the way around the four corners it actually offers protection against a light drop. It is similar to the one shown at this link:: Samsung Leather Pouch Case - To Suit Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (EFC-1C9LBECSTD) | Techbuy Australia I recommend it to anyone who intends carrying the Tab inside a bag.

droidntn, you said: "I bought this stand and am REALLY pleased with it. Folds up nicely and goes inside the Roo case." It's great! Can you supply a purchase link?
    Samsung GALAXY Tab2 7.0 - GT-P3113, OS Android 4.1.1 JB UECKL7 8GB, SDHC 32GB

I have a case like described at the beginning of this thread. I leave it in the case at all times. I have a pouch that offers better overall protection but you have to remove it from that case every time you use it! When I travel it goes in a padded backpack with my other stuff. Nothing is drop proof in every circumstance. After I dropped a 3 day old HTC Shift and shattered the screen I try to be much more careful.

My daughter in law had her phone in her back pocket and it slipped out and fell in the toilet! It survived but we still make jokes about that one! Sniff, Sniff, what is that smell?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by bettyhills View Post
    droidntn, you said: "I bought this stand and am REALLY pleased with it. Folds up nicely and goes inside the Roo case." It's great! Can you supply a purchase link?
    Sorry, thought that I had: Here ya go:
    Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire, Playbook, Xoom, Toshiba, Acer, Nook and Other Tablets (IPM-TAB1): Computers & Accessories
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stockness

Belkin Folio.

I got this case and it is very good.

Hama"Slim" Portfolio for Sams. Galaxy Tab 10.1/10.1N/Tab, leather look, black
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What kind of case do you have?-uploadfromtaptalk1357506614012.jpg   What kind of case do you have?-uploadfromtaptalk1357506625969.jpg  
    Last edited by sanjke; 01-06-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjke View Post
    I got this case and it is very good.
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/07/abutu5at.jpg
    Hama"Slim" Portfolio for Sams. Galaxy Tab 10.1/10.1N/Tab, leather look, black
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
    Mine is exactly like this except it is for the 7". I got mine at Staples for $5. The trouble is that there is no room for a stylus. I have to clip it on at the hinge when the case is open.
    Motorola Droid 2 Gingerbread
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 ICS
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Plus 7" TPU Case Cover x Design Gray P3100 P6200 | eBay

I received this TPU gel cover last week. It's ok, a little more grip.Fits perfectly. I feel better having the edges covered now.
    Overall, I'm just having to REMIND Myself to be more careful with these things and how I handle them.
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless

ROM
    .246 ICS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

This was mentioned in another thread, my wife and I have been very happy with this!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

I've seen several cases that have magnets in them to keep them closed. Does anyone know if they affect the tablets operation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Drummer View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

This was mentioned in another thread, my wife and I have been very happy with this!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    I've got this same one and couldn't be happier... And for the price, nothing comes close to comparison
    Lefty Drummer likes this.

eForCity - Leather Case Compatible With SamsungŠ Galaxy Tab 2 7.0/ P3100/ P3110 - Black - PSAMGLXTLC05 Case i got from Bestbuy ,took about 5 days to get here or so. Love it right now. Plus its speifally for the tab 2 7.0 when all the other cases I found were for the origianl 7.0