What kind of case do you have?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Since my Kindle Fire met with early demise from a drop while INSIDE of a case, I'm paying particular attention to how I protect this Tab.
Freak accident, the KF was in this case, in my work bag. Bag was on a shelf, shelf accidentally pulled from wall. KF go boom inside case, inside work bag. Apparantly it hit RIGHT on a naked r lower corner edge and that's all she wrote. I hated that. I was planning on giving that to my wife. I bought her a Paperwhite though and she likes it.
61amllonZ5L._SL1250_.jpg

The KF case was nice but had no edge protection, which, when dropped it hits on the edges not so much on the front or back which was well covered in leather.
So now, actually, I've opted for a different method of protection alltogether..I use THIS case now:
41Uhqc2CibL._SX300_.jpg

That's just for transporting. I like it a lot. I did put some small bubble wrap in the bottom, because just like with the KF case, it's not so protected on the edges. But, front, back are very protected. I like the pocket on the case. Wish it had a strap or something to hold onto, but I still like the case a lot.
I bought this stand and am REALLY pleased with it. Folds up nicely and goes inside the Roo case.
41VXqSrbEsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Now, I really just want a nice white (tab is white) sleeve, tpu gel like, with a good grip on it for general handling. Something simple.
The Tab2 even with a textured back, is a little slick to hold onto.
And, with it's convenient size at 7", you have it with you more than a larger iPad size thing.
So, what kind of case do YOU have?

FiOS Dan

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
575_1_333x333.jpg

The Kindle Fire compatible premium case by JLab is our top of the line case designed to protect your new Kindle Fire, Kindle Reader or other 7 inch tablet.

Designed with ultra-stylish polyurethane on the outside with a high-quality zippered pocket to keep your tablet safe and secure. The inside is lined with plush velvet to protect from scratches and the front features an additional zippered pocket to organize accessories like JBuds, SD cards, USB cables, or other personal items.

Designed specifically for the Kindle Fire, this case will also protect most other 7 inch tablets as well as newer Kindle Readers.

More details can be found here.

jenni122701

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the Crazy On Digital case and it works well for my GT2 7".

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356938831487.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356938831487.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356938842036.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356938842036.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 125

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the Crazy On Digital case and it works well for my GT2 7".

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD
See, I like that one too. BUT..like the one I had, if it falls on those edges, it's a goner. Those edges are completely vulnerable. I don't understand why most case manufacturers do that?

bettyhills

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My case is the "official" Samsung leather pouch case, minimalist, & flat. Since the two pieces of leather are sewn together all the way around the four corners it actually offers protection against a light drop. It is similar to the one shown at this link:: Samsung Leather Pouch Case - To Suit Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (EFC-1C9LBECSTD) | Techbuy Australia I recommend it to anyone who intends carrying the Tab inside a bag.

droidntn, you said: "I bought this stand and am REALLY pleased with it. Folds up nicely and goes inside the Roo case." It's great! Can you supply a purchase link?

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a case like described at the beginning of this thread. I leave it in the case at all times. I have a pouch that offers better overall protection but you have to remove it from that case every time you use it! When I travel it goes in a padded backpack with my other stuff. Nothing is drop proof in every circumstance. After I dropped a 3 day old HTC Shift and shattered the screen I try to be much more careful.

My daughter in law had her phone in her back pocket and it slipped out and fell in the toilet! It survived but we still make jokes about that one! Sniff, Sniff, what is that smell?

sanjke

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I got this case and it is very good.
abutu5at.jpg

Hama "Slim" Portfolio for Sams. Galaxy Tab 10.1/10.1N/Tab, leather look, black
Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357506614012.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357506614012.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 87
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357506625969.jpg