does this tablet really have gps?

06klr650

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
finally got around to trying the gps and i am totally baffled. the first thing it tells me is establish wifi connection. well if i am driving, walking, whatever, i think it will be very difficult to maintain a wifi connection. it will follow my location on maps, so what is up with the actuall gps?

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
It needs a data connection to actually get the map of where your at, lucky for us google updated maps with offline caches, so you can save the map of where your going to be while you do have a connection, and then have the map available offline while your out and about.

tea candles are the duct tape of candles

Tel864

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I use Navigon and it works great without a data connection. You do download the states you need, but after that the active GPS works fine.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I use an app GPS TEST that verifies the GPS is working and how good the signals are in your location! There is a map App COPILOT that uses internal maps and does not need a WIFI connection!

06klr650

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
good explanation and 3 good ideas. i will experiment and see which i like best. thanks very much. that is why these forums are such a good source of info.