Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default updating music info

I'm moving a bunch of music from my PC to the Tab. Many of these originally came from an Ipod, most are ACC files. I do not have Artist or Album info associated with many of them so the Tab doesn't know how to sort or classify the files. I can click on the files in the Tablet and get a pop-up with all the right fields, but I can't type anything in to those fields.
    This is excessively irritating! Any work around? Looking at the files in Windows Explorer / Properties, I can't write to the Details tab either unless there is already information there.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: updating music info

Nobody has encountered this? Is the issue the fact that these are .acc files?

ROM
    Stock

I don't have my Tab 2 with me, but the music player on my LG Optimus G allows me to change track info.

To modify info on my Optimus G, I long press the track in the music player, and select "Details" and on the resulting pop-up there is a Modify button. I tried it on one of my tracks, and it works. There may also be a difference in file types and/or versions, I only have MP3s on my phone right now that have info associated with them.

I also did a quick Google search, and there are apps available to edit track info in cases where your player doesn't allow it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Of course "there's an app for that"! I should have known.
    Thanks for the reply, I'll see what I can find.