Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sambo41
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon Instant Videos and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

I just purchased this for Christmas and haven't used it very much. the packaging stated that it supports Adobe Flash but when I try to watch an Amazon Instant Video it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash-which appears to be no longer available. Is there an alternative app that I can use?

Also, is there a manual for the operating system. I'm trying to figure this out by trial and error and I'm not very intuitive when it comes to computers.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Amazon Instant Videos and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Thanks for your attention. I downloaded the Flash Player but received the same non support message on Amazon Instant videos. looking for ICS instructions rather than tab 2 manual.

Note: I originally downloaded the first flashplayer listed.....then I tried the last on the list. I'm so excited to report that this worked. thank you so much!

I was able to install the flash player and now amazon prime videos work on my galaxy tab 2, however, the video quality is okay at best. Is there a way to improve the quality?

Hi, I doubt it works anymore. As of 4/17/2013 Amazon changed things and even with the latest version of Flash from the Adobe archive it is no longer possible to stream Amazon Instant Videos to any Android (except Google TV and Kindle Fire). If this upsets you, I suggest you contact Amazon customer service and remind them that you are a paying customer. They gave me a $10 credit on my account just for complaining. It did little to assuage my anger over losing my ability to stream Instant Videos though.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Amazon should make an Amazon Video Player app available for all android devices. They make one for the iPad!
    beadbabe220 likes this.

sambo41 you're absolutely correct! amazon ought to make an app for us android users for a video player for their prime. I cancelled my membership from xmas since I read these threads and now know it's useless to me. It's a shame to tell someone to go shop elsewhere to watch their movies when you can have the business and be even more profitable. It's just bad business.