Amazon Instant Videos and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

kathe binkley

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased this for Christmas and haven't used it very much. the packaging stated that it supports Adobe Flash but when I try to watch an Amazon Instant Video it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash-which appears to be no longer available. Is there an alternative app that I can use?

Also, is there a manual for the operating system. I'm trying to figure this out by trial and error and I'm not very intuitive when it comes to computers.

kathe binkley

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your attention. I downloaded the Flash Player but received the same non support message on Amazon Instant videos. looking for ICS instructions rather than tab 2 manual.

Note: I originally downloaded the first flashplayer listed.....then I tried the last on the list. I'm so excited to report that this worked. thank you so much!

Last edited:

donc620

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I was able to install the flash player and now amazon prime videos work on my galaxy tab 2, however, the video quality is okay at best. Is there a way to improve the quality?

jackbenimble333

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I doubt it works anymore. As of 4/17/2013 Amazon changed things and even with the latest version of Flash from the Adobe archive it is no longer possible to stream Amazon Instant Videos to any Android (except Google TV and Kindle Fire). If this upsets you, I suggest you contact Amazon customer service and remind them that you are a paying customer. They gave me a $10 credit on my account just for complaining. It did little to assuage my anger over losing my ability to stream Instant Videos though.

beadbabe220

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
sambo41 you're absolutely correct! amazon ought to make an app for us android users for a video player for their prime. I cancelled my membership from xmas since I read these threads and now know it's useless to me. It's a shame to tell someone to go shop elsewhere to watch their movies when you can have the business and be even more profitable. It's just bad business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress