- 9 Posts
Video thumbnails - default video player - sideloaded videos
I'm working on my wife's Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 running JB 4.1.1 and have copied a dozen or so movies (in mp4 format) to the SD card. The stock/default Video Player (not the Google Play Movies player) seems to display the first frame of each movie as the thumbnail. Of course, this is meaningless because many are black screens, or simply display the movie companies logo, etc. Is there a way to specify the thumbnail image for an mp4 file? I tried creating a JPG to be used as the thumbnail and named it the same name as the mp4 - but this did nothing.
- 01-10-2013, 06:54 PM #2
Re: Video thumbnails - default video player - sideloaded videos
Maybe use a movie editor and shorten the front of the movie a bit to get a frame that would be more informative! I wondered why some of my movies showed up as a blank screen and now I know.
- By F0REVERY0UNG in forum Google Nexus 7 TabletReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2012, 10:13 PM
- By avexpert in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-12-2012, 02:30 PM
- By Jakobkraft in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2011, 12:35 AM
- By Thale in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
- By G1toEVO in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 14Last Post: 05-31-2010, 04:56 PM