my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 feel more sluggish after getting the official Jelly Bean OTA update yesterday?

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 feel more sluggish after getting the official Jelly Bean OTA update yesterday?

is this even possible? I thought Jelly Bean improves things, not slows them down?
(at least on my Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Nexus phones)

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
^ This.

And I hate the status / notification bar moving to the top and robbing screen real estate in landscape mode :-\

HisSvt76

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Try turning off the background data setting in Google currents this is a known source of slowdown on jellybean with the nexus 7 might help here. Mine is faster with jellybean feels very much like my nexus 7 in most tasks could be a certain app you have maybe messing this up.

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I whole heartedly agree. :(

edit; this is in reply to the above post by tiggres.......And I hate the status / notification bar moving to the top and robbing screen real estate in landscape mode

Last edited:

nancyt22

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 feel more sluggish

? did the download yesterday..my friends OTA was on her 10.1..she did thd download..it was around 350MB where the 2 7.0 was 381MB...why the difference in size? Also her settings bar in the lower right stsyed there and the weather widget stayed the same size. I have the 7 in and I manually checked for my update , did the download and like you hsve stated here that bar moved to the upper right along with all the other switching around. I noticed the RAM went from 687 to 770...but also noticed it takes mire to run jb by about that additional 80MB so that was a wash. I don't notice it running any smoother and I don't see anything extra running to cause this. The keyboard seems much slower..seems to hesitate before popping up. I knoe so many don't care for flash...does jb not support it as that box has been removed in settings re downloading from outside sources or however it was worded? Thanks for any replies...btw..my friends update on the 10.1 said it was successful..I just found it odd hers didn't seem to update like mine...nt

HisSvt76

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Side load flash and use Firefox tons of info on this in other device sections like the nexus 7 forum since it came stock with jellybean

warrenf

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Benchmarks

I ran antutu anf nenamark benchmarks on my tab 2 and the improvment with jelly bean was 20% on the former and 30% on the latter.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Nexus 7
Droid Razr
MK-802

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

? did the download yesterday..my friends OTA was on her 10.1..she did thd download..it was around 350MB where the 2 7.0 was 381MB...why the difference in size? Also her settings bar in the lower right stsyed there and the weather widget stayed the same size. I have the 7 in and I manually checked for my update , did the download and like you hsve stated here that bar moved to the upper right along with all the other switching around. I noticed the RAM went from 687 to 770...but also noticed it takes mire to run jb by about that additional 80MB so that was a wash. I don't notice it running any smoother and I don't see anything extra running to cause this. The keyboard seems much slower..seems to hesitate before popping up. I knoe so many don't care for flash...does jb not support it as that box has been removed in settings re downloading from outside sources or however it was worded? Thanks for any replies...btw..my friends update on the 10.1 said it was successful..I just found it odd hers didn't seem to update like mine...nt

The 7.0 was upgraded to what the phone looks like probaly because of the carriers have the phone feature, and they didnt wanna make 2 updatwes for wifi model and carrier model. Thats just my guess. If you look at a Galaxy s 3 or even a Note 2 they all look similar now, and I kinda like it.

Rhonda81767

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I am so angry right now im about to pitch this tablet in the sewer!! I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0, loved it!! Have had it for about 6 months, it ran great, a few issues here and there with the kids downloading tons of games, but nothing major. 3 days ago it wants to install update from samsung, ok, so I did, now, its junk! Wont load my games ive played for months and on major high levels! (Grrrrr....) keeps booting me off to home screen, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. Freezes up CONSTANTLY!! home screen completely changed, so now im lost trying to figure it out. So I need some help please!! How do I get my games to load and not boot me off, without having to start over at level 1 (I will be livid!!) And how do I stop this glitching and constantly freezing up?? Thank you in advance!!:mad:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
A RESTART usually clears up any problems I have had with my GT-2-7". I haven't had to do anything since the upgrade! It seems to run smoother and faster. The upgrade did wipe out all of my screen settings clock widget but it only took a couple hours to rearrange things!

If all else fails do a hard RESET!

Sorry some are having trouble with the upgrade.

mark425

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 feel more sluggish after getting the official Jelly Bean OTA update

Yeah, doing a factory reset really helps. I know its a pain but when you go to a new version without a reset a lot of the old cache can mess thing up. Another thing to remember is not to use a back up app otherwise it backs up with old data. Remember that the play store saves all your app purchases paid and free so you can re download all your apps. It's not the easiest thing to do but you will enjoy your tab

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

AfroNinja313

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 feel more sluggish after getting the official Jelly Bean OTA update

A RESTART usually clears up any problems I have had with my GT-2-7". I haven't had to do anything since the upgrade! It seems to run smoother and faster. The upgrade did wipe out all of my screen settings clock widget but it only took a couple hours to rearrange things!

If all else fails do a hard RESET!

Sorry some are having trouble with the upgrade.

Yeah, doing a factory reset really helps. I know its a pain but when you go to a new version without a reset a lot of the old cache can mess thing up. Another thing to remember is not to use a back up app otherwise it backs up with old data. Remember that the play store saves all your app purchases paid and free so you can re download all your apps. It's not the easiest thing to do but you will enjoy your tab

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

I noticed recently i've been having issues connecting my tablet to my pc lately, along with it freezing a few times. Should i do a factory reset? I don't mind having to re-download stuff.

tennoel

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I don't care for the new home screen. The only thing I do like is the scheduled blocking mode and it being easy to toggle on/off. I put off the upgrade as long as I could and ..... now that I've lived with it for about a month, I wish I could have only selected certain options. Also, the screen cap is harder to do than it used to be.

Hemant Shah

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 feel more after getting the official Jelly Bean OTA update yesterday?

is this even possible? I thought Jelly Bean improves things, not slows them down?
(at least on my Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Nexus phones)

Just flash custom Rom or cm Roms,
Or downgrade your tab

[hide]
★WHY CAN'T YOU HIT THANKS BUTTON IFF AM HELPING YOU
★Does thanking cost any Money,
★NOO!!!! $O Just Hit THANKS I Helped You
Time is LIFE,
SPEND IT WISELY
[/hide]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads