Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    I was perfectly happy with ICS but since the update for Jellybean was sitting on my Tab 2 7.0 this morning I figured there would be no harm done in upgrading. What a mistake! Here's why I hate the upgrade.

    1. Much to my utter astonishment, dismay, and distress the update COMPLETELY got rid all my screen buttons on every stinking screen. (Including carefully constructed pointers to file folders, pointers to web sites...EVERYTHING. I've carefully tweaked those screens for a year and these idiots have the audacity to completely destroy them and replace them with their unwanted bloatware without a single word of warning? Are you kidding me? Their arrogance is unbeleivable. (Hey, Google, what's that about "Don't Be Evil?")

    2. The Back and Main buttons used to be very sensibly located directly under my left thumb. Now they're located half way across the tablet where neither thumb can reach them without a stretch. I understand they're trying to make tablets and phones to be consistent, a one size fits all sort of thing. Well one is a PHONE and the other is a TABLET! One size does NOT fit all.

    3. The status screen button was moved to the top of the screen putting it in an inconvenient location and eating up screen real estate. Also, it no longer shows battery charged percentage. A classic example of fixing something that was not broken.

    I would write more but I gotta get back to trying to rebuild my screens. BTW, I really know where I'd like to stick their jellybeans.
    Thanked by 3:
    srkelley and lherts like this.
  2. #2  
    sonicbluemustang's Avatar

    Posts
    430 Posts
    ROM
    Cold As Ice

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    I was surprised too that they altered the existing screens.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Same thing happened when my Xoom got JB but worth it as JB is so much better than ICS just hope we get 4.2 it is best so far and adds Google's version of swipe to the keyboard and it is nice.
    Nexus 7 16GB JB 4.2.2/Xoom 32GB JB 4.1.2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    I wasn't too impressed with this update either. You can put the battery % on...it's listed under Display. I noticed the RAM went^ 770, but with the upgrade the OS increased by the same amount so that was a wash.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Same here, the drastic changes are annoying. I want my tablet back! And how to take a screenshot now?

    Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    I don't know why you're blaming Google as Samsung is the one to blame. You're not running stock Android...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    joshua.worth and ConTejas like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Quote Originally Posted by firestartar View Post
    Same here, the drastic changes are annoying. I want my tablet back! And how to take a screenshot now?

    Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums
    Power plus volume down botton at the same time

    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!-uploadfromtaptalk1358173224916.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Anybody else notice that the "mute" function in the status bar pull down menu doesn't seem to effect media volume? In ICS it was a simple thing to mute the device entirely. Now, even though the mute is on, my video and music players are not muted at all. Thoughts?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Is the volume coming from the speakers still loud after the update? Still wondering if I should update mine.
  10. #10  
    AzD
    AzD is offline
    AzD's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Quote Originally Posted by sedumlove View Post
    Is the volume coming from the speakers still loud after the update? Still wondering if I should update mine.
    Seems just as loud as before to me.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Thanked by:
    sedumlove likes this.
  11. #11  
    AzD
    AzD is offline
    AzD's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Overall things seem faster to me. Not a fan of the UI changes, though; the moving of the soft navigation buttons to the middle, and moving the status bar to the top. The status bar is a travesty actually, in my opinion.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    The status bar is all Samsung stock jellybean on my nexus 7 is much better. But it is more uniform jumping from device to device. Would really like the update to 4.2 and Google swipe keyboard, it is so nice.
    Nexus 7 16GB JB 4.2.2/Xoom 32GB JB 4.1.2
  13. #13  
    gyoung345's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, EB13

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster65 View Post
    I was perfectly happy with ICS but since the update for Jellybean was sitting on my Tab 2 7.0 this morning I figured there would be no harm done in upgrading. What a mistake! Here's why I hate the upgrade.

    1. Much to my utter astonishment, dismay, and distress the update COMPLETELY got rid all my screen buttons on every stinking screen. (Including carefully constructed pointers to file folders, pointers to web sites...EVERYTHING. I've carefully tweaked those screens for a year and these idiots have the audacity to completely destroy them and replace them with their unwanted bloatware without a single word of warning? Are you kidding me? Their arrogance is unbeleivable. (Hey, Google, what's that about "Don't Be Evil?")

    2. The Back and Main buttons used to be very sensibly located directly under my left thumb. Now they're located half way across the tablet where neither thumb can reach them without a stretch. I understand they're trying to make tablets and phones to be consistent, a one size fits all sort of thing. Well one is a PHONE and the other is a TABLET! One size does NOT fit all.

    3. The status screen button was moved to the top of the screen putting it in an inconvenient location and eating up screen real estate. Also, it no longer shows battery charged percentage. A classic example of fixing something that was not broken.

    I would write more but I gotta get back to trying to rebuild my screens. BTW, I really know where I'd like to stick their jellybeans.
    I agree with all of what you have here.
    Just my $2 worth.

    It used to be my 2 cents worth but things have gone up a bit because of inflation.
    Hankster65 likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    I didn't really use that fx b 4..I'm playing music right now with the mute button on...isee the mute icon in the upper rt by the battery icon. I noticed I muted the keykeyboard. Maybe it will only block certain sounds...like notifications and msgs...I get them when playing wwf an it is annoying when that sound come through...it is o much louder than wat I have the volume set at. Sorry about the typos..this keyboard doesn't seem to be as responsive as the old one. Nt
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
    Anybody else notice that the "mute" function in the status bar pull down menu doesn't seem to effect media volume? In ICS it was a simple thing to mute the device entirely. Now, even though the mute is on, my video and music players are not muted at all. Thoughts?
    Iv noticed this. it doesnt seem to mute certain notifications either. Its probably so you can mute everything separately but its a pain in the *** to be quite frank.
    Tabpimps.com
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Am I the only one not able to retract the onscreen keyboard because the latest upgrade removed the retract arrow?
    GT-P3113
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    I usually just hit the back button.
    Moses Zeiger likes this.
  18. #18  
    wsti's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    does anyone else get problems with connecting to wifi? i keep getting "Authentication error occurred" when i try to connect to a secured network. I'm 100% sure i'm typing the password in correctly, it's my home network, and my phone and xbox connects to it perfectly. but it also does it at my friends' house, and they haven't changed their passwords. never had this problem until i updated to JB. i connect to unsecured networks fine, but i don't want to open up my network for everyone in my neighborhood just for the tablet.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster65 View Post
    I was perfectly happy with ICS but since the update for Jellybean was sitting on my Tab 2 7.0 this morning I figured there would be no harm done in upgrading. What a mistake! Here's why I hate the upgrade.

    1. Much to my utter astonishment, dismay, and distress the update COMPLETELY got rid all my screen buttons on every stinking screen. (Including carefully constructed pointers to file folders, pointers to web sites...EVERYTHING. I've carefully tweaked those screens for a year and these idiots have the audacity to completely destroy them and replace them with their unwanted bloatware without a single word of warning? Are you kidding me? Their arrogance is unbeleivable. (Hey, Google, what's that about "Don't Be Evil?")

    2. The Back and Main buttons used to be very sensibly located directly under my left thumb. Now they're located half way across the tablet where neither thumb can reach them without a stretch. I understand they're trying to make tablets and phones to be consistent, a one size fits all sort of thing. Well one is a PHONE and the other is a TABLET! One size does NOT fit all.

    3. The status screen button was moved to the top of the screen putting it in an inconvenient location and eating up screen real estate. Also, it no longer shows battery charged percentage. A classic example of fixing something that was not broken.

    I would write more but I gotta get back to trying to rebuild my screens. BTW, I really know where I'd like to stick their jellybeans.
    Battery percent can be changed, screenshot button is Lock and VLume buttons at the same time. JB made MY tab faster, and has less of a lag...
    Moses Zeiger likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    4.1.1 broke my Cirago MHL adapter.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    The upgrade made a mess of my wife's Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 screens. It did not screw up the screens on my 10.1 tab. BUT, as someone else has noticed the sound mute now only works on notifications and not on media volume. So if I'm viewing a video (YouTube, etc.) and I don't want sound I must lower the volume completely rather than simply click on the "mute" soft key. How thoughtless of the programmers. I don't see much that I could call "improvements". I don't notice my tablet being any "faster". Wish I could downgrade back to ICS operating system.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Quote Originally Posted by solar ken View Post
    The upgrade made a mess of my wife's Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 screens. It did not screw up the screens on my 10.1 tab. BUT, as someone else has noticed the sound mute now only works on notifications and not on media volume. So if I'm viewing a video (YouTube, etc.) and I don't want sound I must lower the volume completely rather than simply click on the "mute" soft key. How thoughtless of the programmers. I don't see much that I could call "improvements". I don't notice my tablet being any "faster". Wish I could downgrade back to ICS operating system.
    I was on jb4.1.1. I down grade to ICS 4.0.4. Very easy.



    Follow that thread. I am very happy with my ICS now :sly:

    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD
    tennoel likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Everything I've had that is powered by android from my htc evo shift and design 4 g to both my lenovo tablets is arbage the system gets over loaded as soon as u load your second app everything starts freezing your touch sxreen stops working there is nothing about android that beats apple I will never use anything powered by android again they garbage
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    Quote Originally Posted by rstaten8 View Post
    Everything I've had that is powered by android from my htc evo shift and design 4 g to both my lenovo tablets is arbage the system gets over loaded as soon as u load your second app everything starts freezing your touch sxreen stops working there is nothing about android that beats apple I will never use anything powered by android again they garbage
    Troll

    Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

    l have a Samsung Galaxy tab2 10.1, did the upgrade from ICS, to Jellybean and found it awesome it didn't alter any of my personal settings, I love the video on the screen option, and it even seems speedier.
    my daughter has the the tab2 7.0, and I will not upgrade hers yet, as It appears the problems are mainly with the 7 inch models.
    as far as speed, etc.. they are both awesome, Ive never had problems with any Samsung Devices., if you want Android, definitely
    stick to Samsung, (INSTEAD of the other Brands especially the ones that only come with 512 ram or less, and have very little flash storage, not to mention the cheap battieries that dont last). and you will have a Stable and very Enjoyable Experience. I have seen and tried other brands and they are Terrible, my sister and father had 2 different no-name brands and they were Extremely laggy, un responsive, low battery life like less than an hour and the list as long, finally on my advice she tossed it in the garbage
    and bought a Samsung galaxy tab2, and loves it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why does Stitcher hate the EVO?
    By DevilInPgh in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 11:46 AM
  2. Hate the scrolling background on homescreen
    By ThirstyTurtle in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
  3. Why Google used the name "Nexus"!
    By Rusty Shackelford in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 12:56 PM
  4. Anyone else HATE the led charging light
    By Sooks in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 08:55 AM
  5. wifi or data - why one over the other
    By radioman42001 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

B