I'm looking for a case for my tab 2 7 inch. My 6 year old daughter plays with it a lot so I need something with a little extra protection. I was given the otterbox for it for Christmas, but am afraid it will add to much bulk to the tablet. I enjoy the thinness of it now...suggestions?
- 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM #2
- 01-14-2013, 09:04 PM #3
- 01-14-2013, 09:07 PM #4
- 6 Posts
Online stores have a mess of 'em. When searching, note that the first Tab 7" will still fit, but you will have to do some work with an xacto knife to cut open a few holes for headphone and other ports, as the layout changed. This is what we did for the tablet for the kids; we purchased the Samsung branded (at the time on sale for $7) and cut out a couple holes. The remote control IR blaster wasn't needed for our tablets, for example, so we didn't cut out access for it.
If you want a case designed for the Tab 2 layout, search for Tab 7" Plus, as the port layout is supposed to be the same.
- 01-15-2013, 07:49 AM #5
- 01-16-2013, 07:47 AM #7
Yeah, I was given the otterbox for Christmas for it. It makes it twice the weight though, and when I tried to put it on the tablet the screen protector on the otterbox that covers the entire front tends to get in the way of the edges of the screen. Makes pulling down the notifications screen difficult. The otterbox case weighs as much as the tablet it seems.
- By baycruisers in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 128Last Post: 09-19-2013, 06:57 PM
- By dornier in forum HTC HeroReplies: 6Last Post: 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM
- By meangreengdub in forum HTC HeroReplies: 14Last Post: 12-01-2009, 04:15 PM
- By brandonscott in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 42Last Post: 11-11-2009, 03:13 PM
- By Jomari in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 4Last Post: 11-09-2009, 01:27 AM