Galaxy Tab 2 7" Help?? Or, maybe Kies?

SteveK50

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi...

My Tab is only 2 weeks old... so far-from-knowledgeable here.

I keep my Contacts/Calendar/etc in Outlook on my PC. Installed latest Kies... and sync'd with Tab. My current issues/questions are:

1. How can I turn OFF the (TAB's) AUTO-COMPLETE?? Every letter I type... the TAB "completes" with something else and I'm continually back-spacing/correcting!! So far it's in S PLANNER and CONTACTS... but might as well kill this through-out the tablet.

2. I bring up a CONTACT (on the TAB). My problem is trying to EDIT any field on the TAB. I can NOT ADD info anywhere. I CAN "backspace" over any data that's showing... BUT can only ENTER the SAME (or LESS) number of characters... NOT MORE??

3. In S PLANNER... I can ADD a calendar item on both the TAB and OUTLOOK but... an appointment will ONLY sync Outlook-to-Tab; NOT Tab-to-Outlook.

Need some help, ideas, whatever... cause this tablet/software is relatively useless if I can't enter/edit appointments/contacts when out of the house.

Oh yeah... anyone know WHY Kies is SO SLOW (30+ minutes) to sync?? And what's difference between KIES and KIES LITE??

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't help with 2 or 3, but some general guidance for 1...

I don't have my Tab with me, or I would tell you exactly what to do. I find all auto-completion on all devices to be really stupid at guessing what I am typing....

However, if you look through the systems settings menus, you will definitely find a way to turn off auto-completion, I believe it is under Keyboard...

SteveK50

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi LIttle Darwin... Thanks for your help... found it and turned it off... GREAT!!!

Not sure about #3... looking at TAB, found that "that" appointment was a lighter blue than my other appointments... so deleted it and re-entered and it sync's now.

Thanks!!! Steve

Steve