Galaxy Tab 2 7.0(wifi) on list of devices not eligible for Android 5.0 update... :(

maryhalltworound

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Google will announce Android 5.0 on May 15....

Apparently Samsung just said that the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0(wifi) is on list of devices not eligible for Android 5.0 update... :( It seems like the hardware does not meet the spec requirement for Android 5.0. :(

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
That actually doesn't surprise me a bit. I don't think its necessary either; Jelly Bean is running flawlessly for me (Rooted with custom ROM). I'm sure that a developer or two will be able to whip up a good ROM out of 5.0 at some point.

Flashfox

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Does this mean that I should get a 32GB Nexus 7? Mind you, the GT2 7" works just fine but if I want to stay on the cutting edge then perhaps I need to migrate towards the Nexus 7. After all, I do have the 16GB Nexus 4 phone ;-)

AfroNinja313

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I got no problems with that as long as we get the last edition of android jellybean (4.2.2). Like Uncle Louie said, it doesn't suprise me, and someone probably come up with a custom ROM for it eventually. But if anyone is wondering why, my guess is because the G-Tab 2 probably doesn't meet the specs. Plus i heard they're possibly making an 8 inch tablet version of the Galaxy Note.

Flashfox

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Based on Samsung's decision, I made an executive decision yesterday and ordered a 32GB Nexus 7 from Google. Yes I know, the rumored Nexus 7+ (or 7-7) might be in the wings but at least with a pure Google device, I do expect more frequent updates as with my Nexus 4. This Nexus 7 will replace my Galaxy Tab 2 7". ETA for the N7 is early next week, just in time for my trip to Brazil on the 6th.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane