Why doesn't Samsung put micro-USB port on tablets?

signaltwins

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Why doesn't Samsung put micro-USB port on tablets? I find it rather inconvenient having to carry two cables(phone and tablet) when I travel...

Is there a reason for having a multi-pin cable? (other than for the desktop docks, which I never use)

thanks!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Since there is NO video out on this model there isn't much reason to have the big port! I found some plug adapters on Ebay that plugs into the Tab-2 and has a micro usb port so you can use a regular charger. The tab-2 charges slow with a phone charger but charges in a few hours with a charger made for the Tab-2 so it is still best to take the correct charger!

AlFav69

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm actually in France to visit my familly and I found a nice product : A-USBKEY GT, which is a USB Key for Galaxy Tab. This key have 2 connector. It's very easy to use, don't care to know if I have my USB Adaptor (I forgot it at home !).

After google the name of the product, I found that now I can buy it from US, here : Bidul A-USBKey GT 32GB - USB Key for Samsung Galaxy Tab

I will buy it for sure.

Al.

bobstro

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I found a handy 3-in-1 Cable at Frys that works well with my Samsung tablets, as well as mini and micro USB devices:

http://www.frys.com/product/7146702?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

There's also a SIIG adapter that, among many other things, will let me charge off a micro USB cable. It does still work best with the Samsung power adapter, but will charge slowly off a 1A in a pinch. It will also read microSDHC cards, and provides a USB host connector, though I've not yet tested those capabilities:

http://www.frys.com/product/7193292?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall