1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why doesn't Samsung put micro-USB port on tablets?

Why doesn't Samsung put micro-USB port on tablets? I find it rather inconvenient having to carry two cables(phone and tablet) when I travel...

Is there a reason for having a multi-pin cable? (other than for the desktop docks, which I never use)

thanks!
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Default Re: Why doesn't Samsung put micro-USB port on tablets?

Started doing it with the Note 8.

Why doesn't Samsung put micro-USB port on tablets?-samsung-galaxy-note-8-6.jpg

Since there is NO video out on this model there isn't much reason to have the big port! I found some plug adapters on Ebay that plugs into the Tab-2 and has a micro usb port so you can use a regular charger. The tab-2 charges slow with a phone charger but charges in a few hours with a charger made for the Tab-2 so it is still best to take the correct charger!

There is only one reason
    They don' t want you to buy an usb adaptor from another manufacturer they want your money

Hi,

I'm actually in France to visit my familly and I found a nice product : A-USBKEY GT, which is a USB Key for Galaxy Tab. This key have 2 connector. It's very easy to use, don't care to know if I have my USB Adaptor (I forgot it at home !).

After google the name of the product, I found that now I can buy it from US, here :

I will buy it for sure.

Al.

ROM
    Stock

Since you can get a 32 GB USB flash drive for about $20, it seems steep to charge an extra $40 to connect to the Tab 2 when you can connect any USB thumb drive with an adapter that is currently $12 at Amazon. Amazon.com: Samsung EPL-1PL0BEGXAR USB Connection Kit: Electronics

I found a handy 3-in-1 Cable at Frys that works well with my Samsung tablets, as well as mini and micro USB devices:

There's also a SIIG adapter that, among many other things, will let me charge off a micro USB cable. It does still work best with the Samsung power adapter, but will charge slowly off a 1A in a pinch. It will also read microSDHC cards, and provides a USB host connector, though I've not yet tested those capabilities:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2