02-12-2017 06:15 PM
149 1234 ...
tools
    Hi There
    I was having the same prob. but i dont have a car so i kept reading and found this person that held the volume buttons down and got there Galaxy tab 2 to restart i have just tried it and it does work thank you for the tip i cant remember your name but i think i reply directly to your lat post ...thanks again everyone.....i held my buttons for about 20 sec ...gave the tab the hairy eye too not sure but it might have helped LOL
    10-09-2013 07:58 AM
    Car charger 12V worked for me too!!!!! So pleased with this solution! :-)
    10-09-2013 11:37 AM
    How do you take the back off? I have looked at mine and i can not see any way to remove it. Thanks.
    10-09-2013 02:40 PM
    Same thing happened to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 after it got completely flattened. I tried the button technic but nothing happened. After trying to charge it on the laptop for hours I decided to plug it into the wall and straight a way it began to charge
    10-10-2013 01:09 AM
    Use this video to remove the back cover and to disconnect/remove the battery....

10-11-2013 06:03 PM
    Hi guys,
    I've been having a slightly different problem. I got my galaxy tab 2 fpr christmas last year, works a treat but for the last month or two, I haven't used it so I'd assume I've run the battery flat out dead. I put it on charge last night but the little battery charging icon didn't load or come up, but I continued to leave it plugged in all attempted to turn it on this morning and notitem I've gone to try again this morning with a different charger and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions please?
    10-12-2013 02:15 AM
    Thank you! Holding down the up and down volume button for 10 seconds does it for me!!!! Whoo Hoooooooo!!!
    depdep likes this.
    10-22-2013 12:36 PM
    Had the same problem but solved ity from reading this tread,what i did was press the power button and both volume button down together for about 20 seconds then put it back on charge then it started charging properly.
    Try it worked for me
    11-10-2013 12:46 PM
    FINALLY worked it out!! I have tried all the different methods to get a dead battery charging again, holding down power button 30 sec, volume, home etc, but none worked. What I had to do was to warm the tablet up. You need to warm the battery so it will excite and take a charge again. With mine I put it face down on a blanket then placed my laptop on top so the heat from the laptop warmed the tablet. It is slow but it is taking a charge again. Mine was completely flat!!!!
    If you dont have a latptop just use blankets to cover it completely. It will slowly heat and start taking a charge.
    11-11-2013 01:50 PM
    Same thing with mine its a common issue I charged it with a 12 volt car sdapter ... I stuck the usb in and it started charging normally sheeeesh if somany ppl have the same l problem samsung should do a buy back or offer to fix them
    11-12-2013 04:53 AM
    Same problem with mine too! It would start to charge then turn off and not charge so I plugged it into my car charger it didn't work but I remembered I had another car charger in the trunk so I grabbed it and plugged the usb in it and immediatly it started charging both car chargers are fine but I guess only one of em had 12v power so that one worked.. wish samsung woukd fix this common issue but I noticed it happens when the tablet goes dead.
    11-12-2013 04:59 AM
    I tried to hold down the volumn up and down button at the same time nothing happened the battery symble just keep blinking on and off
    11-19-2013 09:14 PM
    please can somebody help me. i have a Samsung galaxy Note 8.0 which i got like 2 months ago everything was working fine until i left the bettery to run out and turn off by its self now it wont charge and start up iv tried everything but nothing seems to work I've left it on the charger for more then a day now but still nothing. its not like i can take the battery out and replace it. please if some one can help ill definitely appreciate it.
    11-20-2013 09:01 AM
    I have a Samsung tablet ...i have not used it for some time and have had it less than a year. It is not coming on and when I have it plugged into the wall charger the charge light is not even coming on. I have tried the volume/power thing and still nothing. Can someone PLEASE help me?
    11-23-2013 09:25 PM
    I have really bad problem, yesterday i cleaned 1 gb on my samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and it says it has 1,00 gb free of 4,50 gb, then today i gone to facebook and then the low memory sign showed up, it said it has 0 bytes free space of 4,50 gb, i deleted apps and it had 190 mb free, then i restarted phone because i lost network, then after restart animation showed up and it was doing it like 120 times and dont want to start the phone, plese help!!!
    12-01-2013 06:03 AM
    Seems like a bad wall charger for sure. My spouse was having a problem charging his tab 2, I used the wall charger from my tab 3 and it started charging immediately as well as powered on.
    12-02-2013 08:00 PM
    It's still not working dude it gets stuck on the samsung switch on screen still I also tried factory reset in the end-still not working
    12-04-2013 04:05 PM
    Thank You!
    12-05-2013 08:51 AM
    The simultaneous up / down button hold for 10 sec and select reboot.. system went into same state (not charging) held up / down button again and presto all is well.. tab is charging.
    12-09-2013 06:12 PM
    How did you get the battery out?
    12-09-2013 06:47 PM
    In response to Rob 1908 and stephanie_pierce (and anyone else whose galaxy tab won't turn on and won't charge)...
    My daughter had the same problem. Based on the information in this thread, she connected it to a car charger today (cigarette lighter adapter to usb) and it now turns on. She's waiting to see if it's really charging, but at least it will turn on while plugged in.
    Update 6 hours later ...no apparent luck with the car charger approach. Trying the various button press approaches next.
    12-20-2013 07:35 PM
    My tab 3 purchased in October 2013 but not used until December died completely after the second day of use and wouldn't charge at all. I sent it gack to Samsung through the repair process and received it working very well and now charging with a work order that stated software replacement.
    12-26-2013 01:17 PM
    My tablet has no case to open it.My mother always kept charging it but it shows only a bar and load a second and then it only shows one bar and then it turns off.I left it charge 5:00 pm. and i woke up in the morning i look my tablet its not charging kept happening what happen when my mother charge it. I'm so worry i cant open it.I pray to GOD.The thing that goes in to my mind if i sleep i'm gonna let my tablet charge and then i woke up nothing happen.And i start crying and crying and crying all the time.I miss my tablet.Much till now its not charging.
    01-01-2014 10:15 PM
    how can i buy another charger,because my mother buy my tablet at manila city from phillipinesm,and i;m from mindoro.I dont know what to do.!
    01-01-2014 10:23 PM
    awww i wish i would of read this b4 opening mine i thouht it was my power botton that was stuck, but yes it was that the battery was totaly dead. now to open the back all you have to do is use a flat head and start priving the back cover
    01-01-2014 11:38 PM
149 1234 ...