Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 'storage space running out'

hello sir/madam,

'storage space running out' how to remove this notification from my samsung galaxy tab 2 ?

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: 'storage space running out'

Quote Originally Posted by Trusha Hirpara View Post
    hello sir/madam,

'storage space running out' how to remove this notification from my samsung galaxy tab 2 ?
    Welcome to the forums! How much space do you have left on your Internal Storage?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I am getting this notification constantly. It prevents download of anything and is affecting other aspects of my phone. Out of 11.25GB total space I am using less than half. This has begun since the last software upgrade. How can I fix it???

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by James Arnott View Post
    I am getting this notification constantly. It prevents download of anything and is affecting other aspects of my phone. Out of 11.25GB total space I am using less than half. This has begun since the last software upgrade. How can I fix it???
    Try clearing cache in recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Are you looking at internal memory or the memory on your sd card? The Tab-2 does not save apps to the sd card but will install them in internal memory only! Of you have an 8 Gb Tab-2 you will only have about 4 Gb for apps.

Go to SETTINGS, STORAGE and give it a few seconds and you will get a report of all of your memory allocations including DEVICE MEMORY and SD CARD MEMORY. The Total Space of the DEVICE memory should be about 4.5 GB if you have an 8GB Tab-2

Look at some of the posts with SD CARD in the title and you will find a good discussion of memory usage! Put all Pictures, Movies and Music on the sd card to leave more room for apps in the device memory.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

This definitely works on the Galaxy S2 (I restored 1.4 gig of space after doing this), but not sure about the Galaxy Tab 2. A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on the tablet and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your android either.
    Thanked by 15:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

thanks for your valuable info.. got my problem cleared in my galaxy s2

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Didn't free up any memory on my S2, but I will try it on my tablet and report back.

(This was meant for Stu40)

I had to make an account just to say THANK YOU. I have been scouring the internet for a fix to my problem for MONTHS. After deleting basically all of my apps, clearing caches, etc, nothing would clear more than a couple mbs which immediately were being filled with something else. I was about to say screw it and go buy a new phone. This method cleared 1.1gb of internal space for me so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I want to reach across cyberspace and hug you, ha.

after lots of struggle with thousand of tutorials, feeds, apps.....etc...i got fed up
    But this worked like miracle....i didn't hope...i would work....but seriously guysssss.....worked like Charm.....in one splash all the consumed memory got free..........Thanks You So Much....Keep it uppppppppppppppppp

Thank you Thank you Thank you so much ))))))))

Cool Re: 'storage space running out'

thank you so much.. i was also struggling with this issue for last one month..

Look for threads with SD CARD in the title! You will find lots of info about memory management!

I found the solution to mine.
    1. Go to the playstore
    2. Go to my apps
    3. Delete the unnecessary apps that come with the phone and have updates.
    That should work because those updates and apps take up lots of space. Let me know if it works :-)

You can't delete most of the apps included when you purchase a Tab but you can delete the updates. Of course the updated app is bigger than the original and with every round of updates they use more and more of our memory. But if you turn on automatic updates they will grow in size again!
    No easy answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu40 View Post
    This definitely works on the Galaxy S2 (I restored 1.4 gig of space after doing this), but not sure about the Galaxy Tab 2. A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on the tablet and select option 2 Delete dumpstate/logcat in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your android either.
    i have a samsung note 2 with Verizon.i always also have a memory/storage problem also.
    i tried dailing *#9900# and didnt get nothing.

am i dialing the number right with the * first right?
    does this number work with verizon and on a Note 2?
    is there a differant number for verizon maybe?

I can confirm that dialling *#9900# and selecting option 2 Delete dumpstate/logcat worked even on a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N700. I freed nearly 1G of space ! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Srikant Sridharan View Post
    I can confirm that dialling *#9900# and selecting option 2 Delete dumpstate/logcat worked even on a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N700. I freed nearly 1G of space ! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!
    Oh wow.
    Who is your phone provider? Verizon?
    When I dial that number I get the message saying connected to Verizon wireless and your call cant be completed.i wonder if iam dialing it right

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

Thank you so much for the valuable info. I spent about an hour deleting all my messages and photos and videos. It took 3 seconds doing it your way! Now have 1.44GB to play with!
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

This definitely works on the Galaxy S2 (I restored 1.4 gig of space after doing this), but not sure about the Galaxy Tab 2. A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on the tablet and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your android either.
    You have mentioned that dialing *#9900# will clear log files from device memory of Galaxy S2. Will it work for tab2 ???? I was trying to do and ended up with just nothing ??? please let me know if i am doing something wrong ?

This has worked like MAGIC! you are awesome and Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much! Ive never thought I'd get rid of this problem but this was just what I needed.A big Thank you once again! I created an account just to say how helpful this was and to say Thank you!

Thumbs up Re: 'storage space running out'

Thats a fantastic solution... It just worked perfect with my S2.

This worked perfectly and freed up over 7gb on my friends s3!!

Thank you so much!

I received one of these noticed today and it was a commercial wanting me to use someone's cloud service. I don't use any cloud service because I feel they have too much access to your information like email addresses and phone numbers. Read the "permissions" before you say OK!

Like others I joined this forum simply to say thanks to Stu40 for solving a problem in an instant after I had been trawling the web and ploughing through hundreds of deeply technical forum posts across several sites for hours. Samsung clearly need to read his post! Cheers mate.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast