Google Drive & Scanner

saptech

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've read about the new Document Scanner with the lastest upgrade with GD but I'm not seeing it. My phone using Ginger Bread 2.3.6 have it but my Tab 2 using Jelly Bean 4.1.1 doesn't. Both have the same version of Drive, 1.2.182.26.

It seems odd the tablet, with a newer version of Android, do not have the scanner option. Some people with a Tab 2 say they have the scanner option.

Any ideas on why mine doesn't seem to have it?

Thnx.

saptech

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm referring to OCR Scan features. I'm not sure if you can use it to scan with the camera, but scan documents already created and on google drive. I think that's how it works.

Thnx.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
starting to make sense now great. i think this is a huge asset. i use drive to store everything and that requires me keep a pc and a scanner and acrobat software. going forward and with powerful cameras like 8-13mp the camera can capture the document clearly and google servers convert it into a searchable PDF. when they are done i can toss my pc and scanner.

saptech

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not understanding why my tablet doesn't have the scanner option and I have the latest version of GD. I've read others with a Tablet 2 do have the option. I have the 8gb, P3113 Student Edition. Do all the Tab 2s have the same specs other then memory? I'll uninstall & reinstall GD and see what happens.

Thnx.