Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Drive & Scanner

I've read about the new Document Scanner with the lastest upgrade with GD but I'm not seeing it. My phone using Ginger Bread 2.3.6 have it but my Tab 2 using Jelly Bean 4.1.1 doesn't. Both have the same version of Drive, 1.2.182.26.

It seems odd the tablet, with a newer version of Android, do not have the scanner option. Some people with a Tab 2 say they have the scanner option.

Any ideas on why mine doesn't seem to have it?

Thnx.

Default Re: Google Drive & Scanner

it may be that the camera is 3mp. i wonder if it has autofocus?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm referring to OCR Scan features. I'm not sure if you can use it to scan with the camera, but scan documents already created and on google drive. I think that's how it works.

Thnx.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by friedtators View Post
    it may be that the camera is 3mp. i wonder if it has autofocus?
    Ok you are right, it does take pictures of documents as part of the scan process. I just tried it on my phone.

Thnx.

starting to make sense now great. i think this is a huge asset. i use drive to store everything and that requires me keep a pc and a scanner and acrobat software. going forward and with powerful cameras like 8-13mp the camera can capture the document clearly and google servers convert it into a searchable PDF. when they are done i can toss my pc and scanner.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm not understanding why my tablet doesn't have the scanner option and I have the latest version of GD. I've read others with a Tablet 2 do have the option. I have the 8gb, P3113 Student Edition. Do all the Tab 2s have the same specs other then memory? I'll uninstall & reinstall GD and see what happens.

Thnx.