missing screenshot button?

Ash Burn

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello, after system upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2, my screenshot button is missing.!!
How to reinstall it back? Thanks

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
How to do that rooting thingy? i want my screenshot back

I originally rooted my tab just to bring back screenshot features. Now I run a custom ROM, and have never looked back. Before rooting, you need to understand the risks, such as, it will void the warranty. If you are not careful, you can ruin your device. There are different rooting methods, but I used CF AutoRoot. Just make sure you use the correct version for your device.

Posted via Android Central App

Penney1115

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So even doing a factory reset won't bring the screen capture key back?
Was it the system upgrade that took it away?
I'm just curious cause I worried I did something to cause it to vanish
So if I know pretty much for sure it was a system upgrade and Samsung decided to get rid
Of it because it was a bit annoying having the key right there were we could accidentally touch it while working. I appreciate a reply to penney.d@gmail.com

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So even doing a factory reset won't bring the screen capture key back?
Was it the system upgrade that took it away?
I'm just curious cause I worried I did something to cause it to vanish
So if I know pretty much for sure it was a system upgrade and Samsung decided to get rid
Of it because it was a bit annoying having the key right there were we could accidentally touch it while working. I appreciate a reply to penney.d@gmail.com

It was removed by Samsung in the 4.1 JellyBean update. You actually could remove it yourself easily before, by going into settings.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

Iina Aaltonen

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
You can't get it back. Press the Power button and volume down button to take a screen shot.

Where is the usability with this update... The buttons are so inconveniently located that now I have to manoeuvre the tablet in different positions and use two hands to get things done. Frustrating! And there was no warning.

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I miss the screen shot button.i wish they wouldnt have done that,makes me wish i never updated, i absolutly hate the hold down 2 keys option.half the time i just turn my power off or volume down.(i guess i just need better2 button skills). Plus it looks weird with a blank spot. I thought the screenshot option was gone forever so im glad i found this(altho my 3yr old was able 2 recently take a few&i couldnt figure out how she was doing it.lol)i dont know why it didnt occur 2 me to try that as its the same with my phone.

newgalaxy 10tabuser

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have tried SEVERAL times to use rthe power and down volume button to do the screen shot and it just seems to shut off my Galagy Tab2 10". What am I doing wrong????? I miss the shortcut icon!!

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have tried SEVERAL times to use rthe power and down volume button to do the screen shot and it just seems to shut off my Galagy Tab2 10". What am I doing wrong????? I miss the shortcut icon!!

Be sure and hit both buttons at the exact same time, otherwise, you will end up turning your device off, or the volume off.

Posted from the awesome new Nexus 7

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just use both hands if necessary. One finger on power, another finger on the bottom of the volume rocker. If you press the buttons too far at the bottom edge it doesn't work.

So press on like the whole bottom half of the volume rocker and firmly on power just at the same time. Practice makes perfect. ;)

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Pinqu

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the above works on Tab 2 10.1 (android 4.2.2), but instead of the volume down I had to press the volume up. On my tablet that is the side of the volume button that is not next to the power button. Hope that helps :)

fancypancy

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Press the Power Button and Home Screen button at the same time. Not the Volume button. That won't work. It isn't that tricky but may take a few tries. I'm also very disappointed that the camera icon was removed.
I hope this helps =)

fancypancy

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Press the Power Button and Home Screen button at the same time. Not the Volume button. That won't work. It isn't that tricky but may take a few tries. I'm also very disappointed that the camera icon was removed.
I hope this helps =)