- 43 Posts
No power to USB attached device
I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0. I have the USB adapter and am using the adapter to connect a USB bar code scanner to. The scanner worked just fine since I have had the tablet (about 2 months) then the battery died and now the tablet will no longer power the scanner when attached via the USB connector. When I connect the USB adapter with the scanner plugged in I can see on the top of the screen the USB symbol and it says "USB connector connected" but I get no power to the scanner.
I'm not sure what happened as this was working. Any info and assistance is greatly appreciated.
- 06-25-2013, 03:33 PM #2
Re: No power to USB attached device
I have a couple adapters that are called OTG ADAPTERs and they supply power to a keyboard or mouse. One is a short pigtail with Samsung 30 pin on one end and a USB on the other end. The other is about an inch square and plugs into the 30 pin and provides a micro usb outlet! I have used them since the last software upgrade so I know that is not the problem! Be sure your adapter is an OTG adapter!
- By androidluvr2 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 07-02-2013, 07:37 AM
- By ashykat in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 05-10-2013, 03:09 PM
- By Roffles in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
- By BelindaR in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 0Last Post: 07-03-2012, 07:12 PM
- By colonelcack in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2012, 10:14 PM