Download problems using Google Play Store

vinhphucnguyen

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,
Since the last few weeks, I've experienced problems to update some current apps and/or download new ones to my Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) using Google Play Store. The tablet runs on 4.1.1. Here is the typical error message I've received, "Update (or download) X app could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server [RPC:S:AEC-O]). I have no idea what this code means, and don't know how to troubleshoot this problem either.
Has anyone had this same problem? If so, what to do?
Thank you very much.
V-Phuc Nguyen

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dear all,
Since the last few weeks, I've experienced problems to update some current apps and/or download new ones to my Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) using Google Play Store. The tablet runs on 4.1.1. Here is the typical error message I've received, "Update (or download) X app could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server [RPC:S:AEC-O]). I have no idea what this code means, and don't know how to troubleshoot this problem either.
Has anyone had this same problem? If so, what to do?
Thank you very much.
V-Phuc Nguyen

I have had problems downloading things from Play recently as well. I have found sometimes connecting to a wireless router sometimes helps. I don't know why, but it does.

vinhphucnguyen

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Dear Golfdriver97,
I had no success either at my home or my parent's home, and my tablet was connected to both networks wirelessly. So I don't know how to solve this problem. For one of the games, Heroes of Order and Chaos, I contacted directly the developer and got a direct link to update to the new version. However there still remains a bunch of other apps/games that give me the same error message I previously posted. I wonder if anyone found a way to solve this problem.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dear Golfdriver97,
I had no success either at my home or my parent's home, and my tablet was connected to both networks wirelessly. So I don't know how to solve this problem. For one of the games, Heroes of Order and Chaos, I contacted directly the developer and got a direct link to update to the new version. However there still remains a bunch of other apps/games that give me the same error message I previously posted. I wonder if anyone found a way to solve this problem.

Sorry that didn't help. I do know what else to suggest.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Akash Jain2

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Try doing the following:
1. Go to settings.
2. Go to apps.
3. Search for google play store. Once click it.
4. Tap on clear data.
5. Tap on uninstall updates.
6. Now try installing any app.
OR IF THIS DOESN'T WORK
Go to web and download play store and install it on your tablet and then try installing application.
I hope this will help you.