disable juniper filtering

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like either you installed an app (maybe Juno Pulse) and you should disable it or your network administrator has enabled Juniper Filtering on the router's side, so the only way to turn it off is if your admin grants you override privileges or disables the filters.

xxtremeteam

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I can't find any where to turn it off this is my personal tab , im trying to use a sight called megashare for movies this has been the only place i get the messaged blocked by juniper filter

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I would assume this is more network-related than having to do with your device. If it only happens with that site, probably either your network admin has blocked the site or your ISP has. I know some service providers block this kind of sites to avoid getting hit with anti-piracy law suits and requisitions to save themselves the hassle.

A service like Hola Unblocker would mask your IP to make the site 'think' you're in another country, but if the site itself has been blocked, it wouldn't be much help. You'd need a tunneling service; a site or app that lets you download the data in THIER servers and then relay that info back to you via webpage or app that your network doesn't block. Needless to say, the free alternatives are VERY slow.

xxtremeteam

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
i can get to the sight but am not able to watch the movie i get what looks like a lego piece with ? on it and it says something along the lines of blocked by juniper filter

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The icon and the legend are two different things, I believe. A screenshot would definitively help hehe But the icon means that either the plug-in required to watch the video is not supported by your device (if the site uses a Flash-based video player, that's most likely the reason since Flash support for Android devices was dropped some time ago) or, if the warning text is any indication, the CONTENT is being blocked by some filter in your network. This could be the Juniper firewall blocking a specific port, which would let you browse the site but not stream the video content for example.

Try this: Connect a PC to the same network as your tablet. Does it show the same message? If not, then the culprit is the plug-in not being compatible with tablets. If it shows the same message, then you'll know it's a problem with the network blocking that specific content.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance