Son's screen cracked so getting new Tablet, how can I transfer all of his apps to new one?

MommaK4

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
My son's screen cracked on his tablet but it still works. I will be getting him same tablet but don't want to loose all of his apps etc. I logged into his google play account on my computer and I saw that all of his apps have been backed up. Now, how do I get them to his new tablet? Do I just sign into his google play account on new tablet and it will all be there? Thank you for any help :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My son's screen cracked on his tablet but it still works. I will be getting him same tablet but don't want to loose all of his apps etc. I logged into his google play account on my computer and I saw that all of his apps have been backed up. Now, how do I get them to his new tablet? Do I just sign into his google play account on new tablet and it will all be there? Thank you for any help :)

Welcome to the forums!
Signing in will restore the apps that were on the previous tablet. However, specific data, like game saves won't transfer over easily. It is possible, but you need to gain root access to both tablets, and on the damaged one, back up the app data by using Titanium Backup, and then saving it to an SD card. When done, you can then restore the data using the files from the SD card and Titanium on the new tablet.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You can use an App like MYBACKUP to save the apps and data to the sd card. When you get the new tablet, insert the old sd card and go to Play Store and install MYBACKUP on the new tablet. Use MYBACKUP to RESTORE your Apps and data.

When you sign on to the Play Store use the same account and you will see all of the apps installed and all of the apps you have paid for with the MY Apps option. You can reinstall apps that are not installed by the MYBACKUP App

If this doesn't work perfect it will still save a lot of time migrating to the new tablet!

MommaK4

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Golfdriver97. I will have to look up what root access is. If I need to have both tablets at the same time that won't work since I'm sending the cracked one back first so I can get the new one (warranty). By games being saves do you mean for example a world in minecraft may be lost but the actual Minecraft app will be saved?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Golfdriver97. I will have to look up what root access is. If I need to have both tablets at the same time that won't work since I'm sending the cracked one back first so I can get the new one (warranty). By games being saves do you mean for example a world in minecraft may be lost but the actual Minecraft app will be saved?

You don't need yo have both at the same time. You can save the Titanium files to an SD card and then send the tablet back. But both do need to be rooted to use Titanium.

Sent from a Slim S3

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Google play store should be able to restore all your apps.
Just sign with the same Google account.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Pekka Halonen

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I have similar situation. Samsung Galagxy Tab S 10,5" with one main account that is the most important. BUT also 7 other accounts for gaming (having multiple personalities in COC, Plunder Pirate, Boom Beach...). How do I do a complete low level copy of my old tablet to new one?

TheMCMushroom275

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
You do realize that you could just change the screen if the actual tablet still works right?
If you want you can take it to a screen replacement thing and they will do it for you although i don't like that option because its usually very expensive and you could esily get a new tablet for that money. Or you could get a touchscreen part from ebay or something and do it by yourself.

sorry for posting this twice :-X

Last edited:

TheMCMushroom275

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
You do realize that you could just change the screen if the actual tablet still works right?
If you want you can take it to a screen replacement thing and they will do it for you although i don't like that option because its usually very expensive and you could esily get a new tablet for that money. Or you could get a touchscreen part from ebay or something and do it by yourself.

Sorry if u tried already:-X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles