Tab 2 turns itself back on.

bobl2

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I tried a factory reset before when it first started. I try the cache thing but it only goes to a screen to download another ROM.

bobl2

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
Not sure about either issue. I am out if ideas. Sorry.

Thanks for trying. You are the only one. Guess I will have to call Samsung tech support. I was hoping to avoid that!

SteveK1949

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue after the latest update. Power off and then the tablet restarts itself. Can't turn off. Have to let the battery die. Not good.

ingmanson

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
We have been having the same problem. So far, the only workaround we can figure out is to plug it in during the split second between shutdown and restart. This seems to trick the tablet and it will stay shutdown even after you unplug it. It also seems to work if you insert the plug into the tablet btw shutdown and restart even if the plug is not connected to power. Certainly not a solution but at least a temporary workaround until someone comes up with a real solution.

SteveK1949

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have had limited success by turning the power off IMMEDIATELY after it restarts. Not all of the time but about 80%.

I hope that a fix is coming soon!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using AC Forums mobile app

chacal7

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
In order to open the Odin screen to perform factory reset you need to hold the volume DOWN button (the one closer to the power button). Hold both power and volume down, when samsung logo appears release power. that will do it BUT performing the factory reset will NOT fix the re-start problem (believe me, I tried already). I guess they will have to release a patch soon.

chacal7

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I did that like I told you and it comes up with an option to download a new OS. No other choice.

In order to open the Odin screen to perform factory reset you need to hold the volume DOWN button (the one closer to the power button). Hold both power and volume down, when samsung logo appears release power. that will do it BUT performing the factory reset will NOT fix the re-start problem (believe me, I tried already). I guess they will have to release a patch soon.

ATLPeachGirl

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
HELP!!! HELP!!
I too am in the same boat as many of the posters here. My Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 inch got the update and will NOT shut down. It just reboots every single time. Frustrating!!

I have tried to plug it in during the shut down process to no avail. It does not help.
I will try the power button/Volume down or up procedure to clear cache and reboot to see if this will help.

I even did a factory reset and it STILL boots right back up!!!! You can NOT travel on a plane with a tablet that will not power down. I also like to turn my tablet OFF if I am NOT using it for a while.

I am SERIOUSLY regretting updating the tablet.

I see this issue is widespread (just google it and many people are posting about it) and I am frankly madder than hell right now that Samsung has not given us a solution to this issue.

I don't want to send my tablet away for service like one poster here has had to do. SERIOUSLY????? How about mailing him a NEW tablet????

Sorry.......but I am just frustrated as I can be right now.

EDITED TO ADD: I have been on the phone with Samsung (phone # for those interested--1-800-726-7864---24/7 service for tablets) tech and he had me do a data wipe and a factory reset while holding the power and down volume button and long story short it is STILL not acting right so a shipping label is being sent and I have to mail it to Texas for service. To say I am not happy is an understatement. This was not happening before the OS upgrade. Very disappointing. :(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie