Unhappy with firmware update

jbombs03

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I don't want to go to CyanogenMod 10.2 because of the warrenty (I have a habit of breaking devices :( ), But why can;t they use the default, 2 panel, bar? Like the nexus 7. I am Overall, VERY annoyed with the update.
Although, I have good news. We Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Owners will be getting the android 4.3 (Maybe, probably) update!

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I don't want to go to CyanogenMod 10.2 because of the warrenty (I have a habit of breaking devices :( ), But why can;t they use the default, 2 panel, bar? Like the nexus 7. I am Overall, VERY annoyed with the update.
Although, I have good news. We Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Owners will be getting the android 4.3 (Maybe, probably) update!

You might get 4.3, but the GUI probably won't change any. Cyanogenmod 10.2 really improves the tab. I had improved battery life, less lag, and none of the silly bloatware. The GUI on stock Android is a lot nicer than touchwiz. Just remember that the IR blaster won't work with Cyanogenmod.

Sent from the awesome new Nexus 7

nowhatesamsung

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I brought my galaxy tab 2 10.1 with phone just over 1 year ago. It was a great product until the awful firmware update. Now nothing works on my tablet. I even got ripped off paying a tech $121.00 to try and get my useless device to work. When I updated the firmware late last year I immediately had many problems and I tried the factory reset, did nothing, I have disabled many apps I don't use, makes no difference. If I try and download anything I need to put it on my modem only for the device to keep taking itself off the modem, my cellular barely works. Everything to do with the screen is like trying to swim through mud, to take a screenshot without the volume bar captured is a miracle. And only since update, my battery drains very fast. Does anyone have any suggestions besides throwing the device down the tip? Thanks

Last edited:

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When you say you did a factory reset did you go to serttings -->back up &reset -> factory data reset? This will erase your Google account and return the device to new. This is often what needs to be done if you have issues with an update. There is a difference between a "reset" which is just a forced reboot (it changes nothing in your system) and a factory data reset (which erases everything for a fresh start)

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

nowhatesamsung

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks johna2u,
yes that's exactly what I did, ty for answering quickly.
Honestly I really don't know what else I can do.
Naturally I contacted samsung, but their response was basically bad luck.
I should add that 2 of these tabs were brought at the same time, when I seen how dreadful it was on this one, I stopped the update on the other, that one still works very well.

Natomega

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
ABSOLUTE BULLTISH........I reset my Tablet to Factory Reset, it did delete all my accounts and info (useless) so no great loss. But it did not reset the firmware and it is till slow, cumbersome and a real pain to use especially google maps.
When will Samsung and Google learn or take heed that some of us DO NOT want to be controlled. We or I want to be in control.
SO if anybody out there knows or has any knowledge as to how to revert my Samsung Tablet to say Firmware that came out say 12 months ago. Please post a reply, I (and I assume) that many others will be absolutely interested....!!

The alternate is to put a very sturdy pick right through the centre of the tablet.... and then send it to Samsung to let them know what we think of theirs and google's update.
I do not wish to sound offensive but I have had their ignorance and lack of accountability and responsibility.
I have called both google and Samsung and I have been told in no uncertain terms to suck it up and get with the times....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ABSOLUTE BULLTISH........I reset my Tablet to Factory Reset, it did delete all my accounts and info (useless) so no great loss. But it did not reset the firmware and it is till slow, cumbersome and a real pain to use especially google maps.
When will Samsung and Google learn or take heed that some of us DO NOT want to be controlled. We or I want to be in control.
SO if anybody out there knows or has any knowledge as to how to revert my Samsung Tablet to say Firmware that came out say 12 months ago. Please post a reply, I (and I assume) that many others will be absolutely interested....!!

The alternate is to put a very sturdy pick right through the centre of the tablet.... and then send it to Samsung to let them know what we think of theirs and google's update.
I do not wish to sound offensive but I have had their ignorance and lack of accountability and responsibility.
I have called both google and Samsung and I have been told in no uncertain terms to suck it up and get with the times....

Welcome to the forums.
If you are having general slowness of the Tab you can try clearing cache in recovery.
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21