1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disappointed that I allowed upgrade

Got my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 in July. Liked the setup and keyboard knew words I wanted.Then came an update. I figured the tablet knew what it was doing so I allowed.I so regret the changes.And my battery seems to discharge faster and if I have FB, messenger and 1 other thing going I go to antivirus and press optimize under task killer and it says up to 26 tasks stopped.what 26? Whats this thing running that I dont know? Can I uninstall update without losing my photos and if so under what thing in application manager should I click to uninstall this update?

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Disappointed that I allowed upgrade

Welcome to Android Central!

Uninstalling the update would likely involve flashing an older ROM to the tablet, especially if the update was an OS update from say Android 4.1 to Android 4.2. That's not a simple thing but it's also not too difficult either.
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Not sure it auto updated..how can I tell what kind of update. Im not a puter whiz and this tablet has become a headache.it auto updates all kinds of stuff all the time. Then sometimes it freezes up and gotta hold power button like 5 minutes to get it to turn off.I just know I liked how it was when I first got it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

How can I get back to original without losing my pics?

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

You'll want to connect the tablet to your computer and copy your pics (and any other data) off. Then you'd want to do the factory reset. This will reset the tablet to the the way it was when you turned it on for the first time.

from my Sony XTZ
    Live long and prosper.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I also have noticed since I downloaded cleanmaster a bunch of mb accumulate where before just a few and I only run messenger, facebook and gallery at times.Then when I clean sometimes 30 or more processes supposedly get closed. Im not running that stuff.whats going on? Plz help

- - - Updated - - -

I also have noticed since I downloaded cleanmaster a bunch of mb accumulate where before just a few and I only run messenger, facebook and gallery at times.Then when I clean sometimes 30 or more processes supposedly get closed. Im not running that stuff.whats going on? Plz help
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have laptop but what cable do I need to buy to be able to connect to it to save pics before factory reset. Mine only came with charger.

I was disappointed at first when my 7-inch Galaxy Note 2.0 updated at the beginning of September. Everything seemed to crash, and keep crashing, for many days. As the various apps auto-updated in the following days and weeks, though, it all started settling down and now I'm happy with the upgrade. It was a hassle, but the hassle is over. I just thought that might be worth noting before you do something drastic. It's always a good idea to get rid of apps that don't function as you'd hoped. Your device will work better with more available free space, so unload what you can.
    Last edited by Jeff Seager; 11-04-2013 at 06:56 AM. Reason: minor typo

I recently did a factory reset following the loss of screen capture. I have tried all tips holding down the power button and volume button. Holding down the home button and the power button but nothing works. Anyway the point I would make is that reseting to factory settings does NOT return it to the state it was in when you first switched it on as stated earlier as I have tried it twice.