Insufficient memory

hmoses15

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is supposed to have 12 GB internal memory. When I check Settings -> Storage, I see available memory as 110 MB and this is not letting me download any app. I just have 2 apps installed in internal storage. Here's is what I am seeing in the Settings-> Storage :

Total Space : 11.7 GB
Applications : 207 MB
Audio : 20 KB
Miscellaneous Files : 30 MB
Available : 110 MB

This comes to a total of only 257 MB .. Not sure what happened to the other 11.5 GB is .. How do I check that ?

I have changed the settings to move all the videos, photos and documents to SD card. I deleted all the downloaded apps except for 2 I need. I have uninstalled updates to most of the apps that I couldn't uninstall completely. That is how I managed to get 110 MB free.

Any ideas on how to find out what is taking up all the internal memory ?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

I think the Tab 2 is stated to have 16GB of internal storage, but the OS does take up some. Well, we know something is taking up your storage space. You could use an application like ES File Explorer (free in the Play Store) and go to Tools-->SD Card Analyst and it will show you what is taking up space as it sorts by size.

hmoses15

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thankyou for your quick reply.

The ES File Explorer is about 4 MB and I have free memory of 110 MB. When I download from play store, it downloads the file, but displays the 'Insufficient memory' error when installing. I have RAM free space of 332 MB. Any idea why this errors out during installation. I tried another app called Disk Usage and that was about 154 KB and that too errorred out with insufficient memory.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
no.. I have not used this device for flashing ROMs. How do I flash the ROM ?
That is a longer story than would be appropriate to answer in this thread but basically involves replacing the carrier/OEM installed operating system with something more customized to your liking. There are different methods for different devices.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't tried it yet do a RESTART! If that doesn't work do a FULL RESET! If that doesn't work, call tech support at Samsung!

hmoses15

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset did it ! The memory was free , but for some reason, it was showing as used. After the factory reset I am able to use the unused memory.

Ahmaniel

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S2 recently. This is what I did:

Go to "settings" then click "Applications"

Click "On SD Card", then:

Go through each app and click the option to "Clear Cache"...

Do the same on the "Downloads" tab in the same area....

Simple, effective

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad