Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - Help

I'm not real tech savvy so please bear with me.
    I currently do not have a data plan with ATT but I have a razr v3 that has blue tooth.
    I turned on the blue tooth on both devices and my phone was asking to accept the tab..
    My question is this..
    If I add a data plan to my current service can I use my tablet to surf the internet using the blue tooth (since my phone has a microscopic screen and not suitable for surfing the web) without an extra device charge (as in tablet) from ATT.
    I"m trying to avoid buying another phone and still be able to surf the web when I'm away from home.
    Does any of this make sense to anyone? I'm frugal but not by choice. Just looking for the lowest cost around having a way to surf the internet away from my home network.
    thanks in advance for sticking with me on this.
    Ps.. I checked the ATT website and they have unlimited data plan for non smart phones for $15 month.
    If I got this plan can I use my tablet via blue tooth to surf the web without any extra charges?

Default Re: advice on tethering or pairing my dumb phone with my galaxy tab

So..,., this is a dumb phone? If so, then you probably probably can't.

Posted via my weird GT-P3113
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Over 200 views and no one knows the answer to my question?
    I'll rephrase my question.
    If I use my tablet with any data plan would I be charged extra or is it always a freebee.. Such as using it at McDonalds.. its free..
    so if my tablet will let me connect to my phone will it be extra charges or is it also freebee..

Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by prissy012899 View Post
    Over 200 views and no one knows the answer to my question?
    I'll rephrase my question.
    If I use my tablet with any data plan would I be charged extra or is it always a freebee.. Such as using it at McDonalds.. its free..
    so if my tablet will let me connect to my phone will it be extra charges or is it also freebee..
    You might be able to do this. However, this may be breach of contract according to the Terms of Service by AT&T. Second, since the dumbphone may not have anything better than 3G radios, and even bad radios at that, combined with the bluetooth connection, it may be very slow.

If you have a smart phone with enough Smarts so you cab browse the web you should be able to link it to your tablet! This is called TETHERING! ATT has a data plan that lets you do this anytime and you have to pay for that plan!
    There is also programs that let you connect with your Smart Phone that may not be ok with ATT! Ask at ATT about this and see if you have the proper phone or need to upgrade.
    When asking for help iplease be more specific in the title!