Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By AdnanNisar941
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Urgent: Memory problem + Galaxy is now not re-starting (Galaxy hanged on startup)

I am facing a strange and annoying problem. I've filled the memory of my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 up with photos, videos, apps and games, and now I have a "Not enough storage space" warning. I wanted to delete the photos and videos I didnt need, but when trying to open the Gallery, I got a message "Not enough space. Delete unnecessary items such as ... pictures, videos..." So I need more space to run Gallery to free some space. I deleted few application but that also didnt help. After that I tried re-starting my galaxy tab but it won't restart. After the animation screen on startup it is hanged ...... I have tried to re-start in safe mode and normally but it won't load ..... Its always stuck at animation "Samsung" screen.

Can anyone please please help me in getting it fixed.

Regards,

Default Re: Urgent: Memory problem + Galaxy is now not re-starting (Galaxy hanged on startup)

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into recovery and wiping the system cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support

Global Posts
    26,591 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Urgent: Memory problem + Galaxy is now not re-starting (Galaxy hanged on startup)

Quote Originally Posted by AdnanNisar941 View Post
    I am facing a strange and annoying problem. I've filled the memory of my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 up with photos, videos, apps and games, and now I have a "Not enough storage space" warning. I wanted to delete the photos and videos I didnt need, but when trying to open the Gallery, I got a message "Not enough space. Delete unnecessary items such as ... pictures, videos..." So I need more space to run Gallery to free some space. I deleted few application but that also didnt help. After that I tried re-starting my galaxy tab but it won't restart. After the animation screen on startup it is hanged ...... I have tried to re-start in safe mode and normally but it won't load ..... Its always stuck at animation "Samsung" screen.

Can anyone please please help me in getting it fixed.

Regards,
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try the suggested course of action by my fellow Ambassador.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    B. Diddy likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for your quick response. Can you please tell me how to wipe system cache partition for Saamsung Galaxy Tab II 7.0.

You hv briefed about Note II but I am using Tab II. Please help me so I can try clearing cache. Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by AdnanNisar941 View Post
    I've filled the memory of my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 up with photos, videos, apps and games, and now I have a "Not enough storage space" warning
    Sorry, but you had specified the Note 2 in your original post ...

For the Tab 2 7.0:

1. Power the device off.
      1. Press and hold the Power key.
      2. Select Power off.
      3. Select OK.

If the screen doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds.
    2. Press and hold the Volume up key then press and hold the Power key.
      USB cable must be disconnected.
    3. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Volume up key and Power key.
    4. From the Android system recovery screen, press the Volume keys to select wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
    5. When complete, select reboot system now and press the Power key.

If the above doesn't work, try the steps here, which are for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1: Reset: Samsung Tab 2 10.1 | T-Mobile Support
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Really appreciated. Thanks a bunch ..... It worked and I have fixed the issue.

Really obliged.
    B. Diddy likes this.

That's great! Glad to hear it.