Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Galaxy Tab 2 fried?

I have had my Tab 2 for about a year. Last night I put it on the factory issued charger and left it overnight. This morning it would not turn on and acted as if dead (the battery was about 66% when placed on the charger). While trying to see what was going on, I noticed the elastic band that holds it in the case was partially over the power button. I am not sure if it was like that the whole time or if it slid over it while I was messing with it. However, even if the charger had somehow stopped working, I don't see it going dead while not being used. I am afraid that it sat on the charger with the power button being continuously pressed down. When put back on the charger, there is no light or an icon showing it is being charged like it does when charging when turned off. Does anyone know if I have fried the thing and made it a very expensive paperweight? Is this fixable at all? I am planning to upgrade to the Tab 3 in a few weeks, but was hoping to pass this on to my son. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    18,856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 2 fried?

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra1167 View Post
    I have had my Tab 2 for about a year. Last night I put it on the factory issued charger and left it overnight. This morning it would not turn on and acted as if dead (the battery was about 66% when placed on the charger). While trying to see what was going on, I noticed the elastic band that holds it in the case was partially over the power button. I am not sure if it was like that the whole time or if it slid over it while I was messing with it. However, even if the charger had somehow stopped working, I don't see it going dead while not being used. I am afraid that it sat on the charger with the power button being continuously pressed down. When put back on the charger, there is no light or an icon showing it is being charged like it does when charging when turned off. Does anyone know if I have fried the thing and made it a very expensive paperweight? Is this fixable at all? I am planning to upgrade to the Tab 3 in a few weeks, but was hoping to pass this on to my son. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would pull the case off and allow it to charge for a few hours without touching it. See what happens then. If it can turn on or it looks like it's taking a charge, it should be fine. If not, try plugging it into your PC for a while.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would pull the case off and allow it to charge for a few hours without touching it. See what happens then. If it can turn on or it looks like it's taking a charge, it should be fine. If not, try plugging it into your PC for a while.
    Thank you. I will try when I get home. I am somewhat reluctant to take off the case, but that may be the only way. I will update here after I try your suggestion.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I went home last night and first tried the reboot option (holding down the power button and both volume buttons for 20 seconds) and it worked! It booted up no problem. It was showing only 3% battery not the 66% it had before the issue. I plugged it into the wall charger overnight (without the case) and this morning it was 100% and working fine. Very relieved.

Global Posts
    18,856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I went home last night and first tried the reboot option (holding down the power button and both volume buttons for 20 seconds) and it worked! It booted up no problem. It was showing only 3% battery not the 66% it had before the issue. I plugged it into the wall charger overnight (without the case) and this morning it was 100% and working fine. Very relieved.
    Glad to know you are off to a good start. Let us know how it works out.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Still going strong with no issues. Now if only I could get above 9 in Flappy Bird, my life would be complete.

Still going strong with no issues. Now if only I could get above 9 in Flappy Bird, my life would be complete.
    Lol my daughter is at 27 and moved on to Iron pants. Damn it's even harder

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Oh nooo....now of course I have to look up that one. Someone told me that Flappy Bird has surpassed Angry Birds and Candy Crush in downloads. Not sure how true that is.