1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Books on micro SD card takIng up space (GALAXY TAB 2)

Books on micro SD card takIng up space (GALAXY TAB 2)

I've got myself a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. It only has 8gb internal, so I figured I'd get a micro SD card to dump stuff on.

I have a lot of books, mostly epub or pdf files, so I copied them all onto the SD and stuck it in my tablet.

I was advised that Aldiko was a pretty good multi format reader (which it is) so I downloaded that.

Problem is, I've entered all my books, but it seems to have copied them to the tablet's interna memory - which has dropped by about 2.5 GB sunce adding them to Aldiko.

This kind of defeats the object of getting the damned SD card in the first place!

Is there a way of setting up so my Aldiko library is read directly from the card without copying the files to the internal memory?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    13,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Books on micro SD card takIng up space (GALAXY TAB 2)

Quote Originally Posted by nightofjoy View Post
    Books on micro SD card takIng up space (GALAXY TAB 2)

I've got myself a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. It only has 8gb internal, so I figured I'd get a micro SD card to dump stuff on.

I have a lot of books, mostly epub or pdf files, so I copied them all onto the SD and stuck it in my tablet.

I was advised that Aldiko was a pretty good multi format reader (which it is) so I downloaded that.

Problem is, I've entered all my books, but it seems to have copied them to the tablet's interna memory - which has dropped by about 2.5 GB sunce adding them to Aldiko.

This kind of defeats the object of getting the damned SD card in the first place!

Is there a way of setting up so my Aldiko library is read directly from the card without copying the files to the internal memory?

Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I am not sure about that, but what about something like Google Drive or Dropbox? You should be able to edit the file and keep it there, you are just previewing it.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Books on micro SD card takIng up space (GALAXY TAB 2)

But I can't have them in my book library, but have them open from the SD card?

I mean, I know I could have put them on dropbox and open from there, but I bought the card to have an extra 16gb of space, but that goes out of the window if whenever I open something in Aldiko, it copied to my tab's hard drive...