Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3113) Touchscreen Not Working

JourneyVII

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy tab has been cracked pretty bad for a while now, and it has always seemed to work normally as it did before. But recently whenever I turn off the screen and turn it back on the touchscreen doesn't work. I can tell the tablet itself is not frozen as my music still plays (but the music seems to skip a LOT), the time changes, and the battery dies. The only fix I have found is rebooting my tablet into clockwork recovery and boot it back up. After booting up I can't lock the screen, because if I do, when I go to turn it back on the touchscreen isn't working. Just some extra info: I was rooted but I did unroot using the unrooting option included in superuser a month ago or so. Any tips on how to fix this would be highly appreciated, thanks :)

JourneyVII

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting the follow up. See you around the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
Update: Although I thought the problem was solved, it isn't. Although it doesn't happen every time I lock it, it still happens enough to be an annoyance. I believe it may be a problem linked to RAM because after successfully getting the screen to unlock I go to clear my RAM and when I go to clear memory on the task manager it says a large amount of apps (anywhere from 23-54) which I know for a fact I didn't open.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That didn't work either, and nice guide by the way. I would be more than happy to flash a stock ROM but my PC has been having some major issues as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks. Aside from reflashing a Stock ROM, I can't think of anything else to suggest.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps disabling apps you don't need. Open up a little bit more RAM. Not really sure though, kind of grasping at straws.

Bryan Jiun

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, sometimes my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 7.0 also. Sometimes it'll fix itself. The problem is, my tablet screen is broken or something else. I can't restart my tablet either. HELP!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae