samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) not charging / booting

Diana7621

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
ive tried holding down all the buttons and letting it charge for 1 hour but its still not working please help :'(
:':)':)'(

I did all three buttons first, then it stopped trying to charge and then i just tried the volume up and volume down together and then it started working.

ChiNewsBench

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Diana7621: That worked! I held down the Volume Up and Down buttons but not the power button while my Tab was plugged into my laptop USB (on, not sleeping). It's a bit quirky: I had to do it three times. The first two times it booted but quickly powered down. The third time, for unknown reasons, worked and I got the normal battery charging icon that stayed on. Thanks! :)

Bob Kalpon

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
It is a design defect. It must be corrected by an electronic technician.
Please watch this video: Samsung tablet 2 not charging fixed by Bob. Kalpon in Youtube.
The only way to fix it is to make a diode bypass from the charge input to the battery. It is a permanent fixing. Other ways the tablet will discharge again under the operation voltage and the hardware system prevents the tablet to turn on under 3.7 Volts. :(
(The tablet's charging is almost the same to its consume. Samsung could not hire an engineer able to solve: 2 = Charging - Comsume. Whereas Charging must be 1.5 or 2 times bigger than consume). :p

lippertse

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Tablet. I was unaware that the charger unit that goes into the electrical outlet was half way out of the wall. I don't know how long this was disconnected but I was charging it every evening and using the tablet during the day. Each day I noticed it was running out of battery time until it went completely dead after about an hours use. After investigating the problem and plugging the tablet completely into the wall to charge again, it always comes up on the front screen 100%, but when I select Setup, and select Battery, it states it is not charging. I've plugged the tablet properly into the wall and let it charge overnight, but the Setup Battery states it only charged 2%. Is my tablet done for? Can this be fixed?

Thank you,
Sharon Lippert

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Tablet. I was unaware that the charger unit that goes into the electrical outlet was half way out of the wall. I don't know how long this was disconnected but I was charging it every evening and using the tablet during the day. Each day I noticed it was running out of battery time until it went completely dead after about an hours use. After investigating the problem and plugging the tablet completely into the wall to charge again, it always comes up on the front screen 100%, but when I select Setup, and select Battery, it states it is not charging. I've plugged the tablet properly into the wall and let it charge overnight, but the Setup Battery states it only charged 2%. Is my tablet done for? Can this be fixed?

Thank you,
Sharon Lippert

Will the tablet turn on/work if you leave the charger plugged in, i.e., if the battery if fully discharged, can it work on AC?

If it's the battery, you can try and plug it into a USB port on a computer and try to slow charge it bit (5-20%?). If that works then switch back to fast charger.

Another similar thread below suggests hold volume +/- down for 10/20/30 secs.

Last edited:

lippertse

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
1. Already tried holding volume +/- down for 10/20/30 secs. Did this twice and still no charge.
2. The tablet will turn on but none of the apps work. If I got to Setup it states 99% Charging A/C 1m 9s on battery.
3. Will try plugging it into a USB port on computer and slow charge it. How long will this take and could it damage my computer?
Let me know ASAP
Thanks,
Sharon

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
3. Will try plugging it into a USB port on computer and slow charge it. How long will this take and could it damage my computer?
Let me know ASAP
Thanks,
Sharon

No, it won't. A lot of devices are powered by USB port. It's a slow charge because the output from the USB port is a lot lower than your charger. It will take a while - a few hours ? Maybe check after 3 hours to see if any result.

You've tried other charger/cable to be sure they're not the cause, right?
Also, from the other thread, blow out the tablet's port to make sure it's not being impeded by dust, etc.

lippertse

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I don't have another charger/cable. I know what caused this, the charger/cable was plugged into an outlet behind a chair and I couldn't see it but the charger/cable was half out of the wall. It mmust have been knocked out a few days ago. This prevented it from chargrin. I will make sure the end of the cable is cleaned out.

Thanks,
Sharon

lippertse

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Tried plugging tablet into PC & charging. AFter 4-1/2 Hrs. the battery app stated the same as in the beginnning - 99% - Not Charging 1 M 9 Sec. If you have any other ideas I would be willing to try, but at this point I believe the battery is completely dead and unable to charge.

Thanks,
Sharon

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Replace the cable. Others have reported that this solved their battery problem. Probably have to get it from Samsung since it's a proprietary design. Some for sale on amazon but not sure how reliable they are.

sparks2

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Uh oh. I didn't know that letting the battery fully discharge would damage it. So, sad to say, the tip didn't get my battery to charge though I thought it did reboot it.. Bummer. Will I lose all my info or is there a way to retrieve it. The battery continues to drain even with the tablet off.

grando

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) keeps rebooting etc

My tab reboots then keeps showing "unfortunatly, dev has stopped." freeze sometimes and then reboot constantly.
I've try battery remove and hard reset already.
Please Help !!!

Jessie Cauley

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this, I know I am waay behind the game on this post but your tip saved my tablet! We had ordered a new charging port and battery and was about to try replacing when I came upon your tip. So happy right now!

olliesandra11

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
my samsung galaxy tab 2 (7.0) was working perfectly until its battery died completely.. I tried to charge it but every time i plug it in the charger , a battery sign comes up with a loading circle and then disappears. I charged it for a full night but it still was not starting in the morning . what to do ? :-\ PLEASE HELP

So you need to get Ice put it on ziplock and then put it in the tablet after 10 minutes you want to quickly open the tablet and then quickly charge it I know I have the same situation but now it won't charge ������

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc