Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) not charging / booting

my samsung galaxy tab 2 (7.0) was working perfectly until its battery died completely.. I tried to charge it but every time i plug it in the charger , a battery sign comes up with a loading circle and then disappears. I charged it for a full night but it still was not starting in the morning . what to do ? PLEASE HELP

Default Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) not charging / booting

Try holding all the buttons (volume up and down, and power) in at the same time for about ten seconds while the device is plugged into the charger.

This seems to reset the tablet and its charging circuit.

You may have to allow it to charge some more after that before it will power on.

The lithium ion batteries in these tablets aren't designed to be completely drained, and doing so can damage them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

thank you..your feedback bout rebooting my tab really helped

My Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 stopped charging today. As all the battery was drawn out so when I plugged for recharge it was continuously rebooting after showing one bar of battery. I was using the original cable that came with the tab few years back. I checked this thread and it appeared that the cable is bad and most of the people fixed it by changing the cable. So I decided to attempt cable clean up for any dust inside. I took my regular aftershave lotion and rinsed both sides (connector and USB) in the lotion. Then I used air pressure to dry it out. I reconnected after few hours and it worked just as new and my tab is now charging.

Talking Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) not charging / booting

Thank you so much!!!! My tablet is finally charging.

Unhappy Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) not charging / booting

My tablet is not working it needed charging so it died then i charged it and then i came back i tried to turn it on i thought that was unusal.. i think i need a new charger...

Thumbs up Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) not charging / booting

thank you sooo much i have tried everything (even bought a new charger). Then i seen this and tryed it and now it works fine thanks soo much