- 1 Posts
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 does not charge when powered On
I am using a Samsung Galaxy tab 2.
My tab wont charge while it is powered on. It shows the red cross on the battery icon when I plug the charger in.
The battery drains out and the tab shuts down. I then connect the charger and the battery charges like usual.
This started since yesterday and I have tried a few things, like holding the power down button.
Nothing seems to work.
- 05-11-2014, 03:16 PM #2
- 49 Posts
Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 2 does not charge when powered On
The red X indicates that you are charging at only .5 amps, which is not enough current to charge the battery while the device is on.
I'd you are using the original charger and cord, then you likely have either a faulty cord or a bad charger.
If you are using a third-pay charger, then it is not designed with the Galaxy series in mind, and even though it may claim to charge at 2 amps or better, the Galaxy Tab sees it as a lowest-rating charge source.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
- By Oliviama in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 04-25-2015, 01:42 AM
- By Fabrizzio Migone in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 10Last Post: 06-02-2014, 08:42 AM
- By Suhail Bashir in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 10Last Post: 05-14-2014, 03:05 AM
- By RickzSII in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 3Last Post: 05-11-2014, 07:32 PM
- By android_freak1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2014, 10:09 AM