Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting Help

I'm planning on rooting my Galaxy Tab 2. I don't want to flash a new ROM. I just want to root it. Are there any risks if I root my device like a bricked device or does it happen only if I flash a new ROM?

Thank you

Global Posts
    6,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Rooting Help

There's always a risk, even if minimum, but those who root their devices are convinced the benefits are worth it.
    I don't root my devices so let me try to get someone else that is familiar with rooting.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Rooting can brick the device, though unlikely. Rooting also gives you access to system files, which if deleted, can mess up the tablet. Usually, it is possible to fix things.

Rooting also can be a security risk as there are no Samsung approved root method. These are third party, so you are assuming that they don't put anything malicious in.

You can restrict access by only giving trusted apps superuser access, so don't give that access away lightly

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Like dpham00 and STARGATE said, it is possible, but more likely if you delete system files/apps.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you need to root?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Ritanjan Belgaonkar View Post
    I'm planning on rooting my Galaxy Tab 2. I don't want to flash a new ROM. I just want to root it. Are there any risks if I root my device like a bricked device or does it happen only if I flash a new ROM?

Thank you
    Hi, is it a 10in model or 7in? Also, do you use a Windows, Linux, or Mac computer? I haven't posted much here but I am a senior member on XDA and I do have some tutorials there that I could copy to here or you could read them on xda.

jrc2
    Sent from my T-Mobile S2 using Tapatalk.