Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning on rooting my Galaxy Tab 2. I don't want to flash a new ROM. I just want to root it. Are there any risks if I root my device like a bricked device or does it happen only if I flash a new ROM?

Thank you :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
There's always a risk, even if minimum, but those who root their devices are convinced the benefits are worth it.
I don't root my devices so let me try to get someone else that is familiar with rooting.

Sent From Another Galaxy

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Rooting can brick the device, though unlikely. Rooting also gives you access to system files, which if deleted, can mess up the tablet. Usually, it is possible to fix things.

Rooting also can be a security risk as there are no Samsung approved root method. These are third party, so you are assuming that they don't put anything malicious in.

You can restrict access by only giving trusted apps superuser access, so don't give that access away lightly

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Like dpham00 and STARGATE said, it is possible, but more likely if you delete system files/apps.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you need to root?

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning on rooting my Galaxy Tab 2. I don't want to flash a new ROM. I just want to root it. Are there any risks if I root my device like a bricked device or does it happen only if I flash a new ROM?

Thank you :)
Hi, is it a 10in model or 7in? Also, do you use a Windows, Linux, or Mac computer? I haven't posted much here but I am a senior member on XDA and I do have some tutorials there that I could copy to here or you could read them on xda.

jrc2
Sent from my T-Mobile S2 using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2