- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Samsung Galaxy Trojan Horse.
AndoHello, yesterday I was using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to research some statistics when a weird message came up saying my tablet was infected by a Trojan Horse. After that the internet wouldn't work and nor would the notifications bar (the one you drag down). I installed Malware Byte and it identified the culprit as being a certain Mobigenie. I hit delete and it informed me that Mobigenie no longer existed. Today I tried using my tablet and everything worked fine but I am still paranoid. Malware byte and Avast scans show that no malware is on my tablet. Is there a sureproof way to be sure, and if there really is a Trojan horse on my tablet how can I eradicate it?
P.S. The message did not ask me to install anything etc. Although what is funny is that instead of 'Android' it wrote ' Andriod.'
- 08-20-2014, 08:02 PM #2
Re: Samsung Galaxy Trojan Horse.
Welcome to Android Central! Did it say Mobogenie or Mobigenie? The former is a legitimate appstore app that is available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobogenie.free. The latter might be malware trying to fool people.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-21-2014, 12:20 AM
- By hamzahmalas in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 08-20-2014, 07:24 PM
- By lonewolfindustries in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-20-2014, 05:12 PM
- By Coolpopp in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 04:01 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 03:53 PM