Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Trojan Horse.

AndoHello, yesterday I was using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to research some statistics when a weird message came up saying my tablet was infected by a Trojan Horse. After that the internet wouldn't work and nor would the notifications bar (the one you drag down). I installed Malware Byte and it identified the culprit as being a certain Mobigenie. I hit delete and it informed me that Mobigenie no longer existed. Today I tried using my tablet and everything worked fine but I am still paranoid. Malware byte and Avast scans show that no malware is on my tablet. Is there a sureproof way to be sure, and if there really is a Trojan horse on my tablet how can I eradicate it?

Thank you.

P.S. The message did not ask me to install anything etc. Although what is funny is that instead of 'Android' it wrote ' Andriod.'

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Trojan Horse.

Welcome to Android Central! Did it say Mobogenie or Mobigenie? The former is a legitimate appstore app that is available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobogenie.free. The latter might be malware trying to fool people.