Why isn't my fingerprint being recognized?

A

AC Question

Finger print not recognised dilemma

My wife has set up fingerprint security on her Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 , but now the tablet is not recognising her fingerprint. When she switches the tablet on, it displays the fingerprint not recognised message - enter backup password. Now she hasn't even scanned her fingerprint when this message appears, also she tells me she has not set up a backup password.
So how do we get to a position where the tablet asks to scan fingerprint and hopefully get it working again. I don't know if factory resetting would be an option, also don't know how to do this. I'd be reluctant to do a factory reset anyway as we bought the tablet in Hong Kong, and it will probably default to Chinese text.
So any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Finger print not recognised dilemma

Welcome to Android Central! You can't set up a fingerprint unlock without selecting a backup password (and then confirming it by entering it again). So she must have set up a backup password. One other possibility, though, is that you have a clone/knockoff device that isn't a genuine Samsung, and would therefore be more prone to firmware or hardware defects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv