Factory Reset wont work

xRhai

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
My tab was restarting by itself every few minutes so i decided to reset but after i reset it i saw all my files and app are all still there... its as if i didnt reset. everything is completely still there. why ? i thought everything is supposed to get wiped out when doing factory reset? i didnt backup anything so im sure there should be nothing left after the reset.

I reset twice and so far my files and apps are all still here...

Problems:
- My tab is restarting by itself over and over again every 20 seconds or so.
- When i try to uninstall an app or delete a file then the phone restarts , all the apps/files i deleted are back...
- Tried factory reset more than 5 times but still wont work.

Last edited:

bucifer

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone

I have the same problem. Tablet keeps resetting after 20-30 seconds, no matter whether I use it or not. When I try the factory reset from Settings, nothing happens.

When I boot into recovery mode, the tablet doesn't reset. When I choose wipe data/factory reset, it does show yellow text saying "--wiping data... Formatting /data... Formatting /cache... Data wipe complete", but when I reboot the device, it is not reset to factory settings and all the apps are still there.

Is there any way you can help me?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Make sure after choose Factory reset, next step you should choose YES to delete all user data, the default is NO. If you did not change to Yes, all your data and apps would be still there.

Krishna69

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Yep,Even i have the same problem with my Galaxy Tab 2 (P3100).It starts rebooting forever and when i go into recovery mode(Power+Volume Up) and get into the list of options,I cleared the cache partition as well as using format/factory rest(and of course i selected "yes" among the list of "No") and reboot my tab again nothing is wiped out except for contacts(which i had backed up already before this problem). Still no go the Tab keeps restarting for ever.Removed sim card,MicroSD card and disabled wifi once it turns on,the problem keeps persistant. I think i should pay a visit to Samsung service center.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Another try, search sammobile.com for your firmware, then flash with Odin. Power+Volume Down, then Volume Up will go to Download Mode or Odin Mode.
Sometime, factory reset won't work if firmware is corrupted. Reflash the firmware might work unless it's a hardware problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv